How Low Can You Go? 20 Years Later, ‘Cha-Cha Slide’ Still Gets People Moving

m0rninggl0ry

All Star
Daps
It’s been almost 20 years when Chicago native Dj Casper blessed us with the Cha-Cha slide.

Originally aimed at aerobics sessions and night clubs alike, the song is often played at school PE, parties, skating rinks, bar mitzvahs, nightclubs, college campuses weddings, and sporting events throughout the United States.

At the time, all the Black kids were :blessed: because we were able to exercise to a song with rhythm. I hated doing the Macarena dance :demonic:

Recently, I went to the bayou classic in NOLA and someone played this song. Damn near the whole block (well the women including me) was going low all the way to floor and we brought it to the top like we never never stopped

I’m surprised I still had it :flabbynsick:

@Rhap.So.D @Paradise @Chelsea Bridge @stomachlines @Deacon Frye @colicolicoli
@BlackPearl The Empress @King Napz @ReturnOfJudah @darealvelle @Pazzy @NO-BadAzz

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
One of my uncles tried to do this on skates and busted his ass. I had to run around the corner and laugh because I didn't want to laugh at him while he was hurt
LOL I saw family members and friends bust they ass doing the same thing.

like bruh you can barely stand on skates, what makes your dumbass think you can dance in skates:heh:

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
I remember telling the DJ I hired for my wedding you will not get paid if u play that song. Matter of fact none of those "group dancing" songs. And he didn't even tho ppl were requesting this and Step in the name of love. Always felt a certain way about that corny shyt
:picard:

prevent people from having fun at a wedding, brehs

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
I remember telling the DJ I hired for my wedding you will not get paid if u play that song. Matter of fact none of those "group dancing" songs. And he didn't even tho ppl were requesting this and Step in the name of love. Always felt a certain way about that corny shyt

:picard: why does people being happy and enjoying themselves bother you though

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child
Ruin the fun for your guests brehs :heh:

DoomzdayzV

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL

this song is the ultimate vibe kill......Its literally 100 million different brehs walking the earth right now who missed out on some bomb p*ssy because this type of record came on while they were moving on a broad