How long would it take to put on 20 lbs?

Hybrinetics

Banned
Daps
Most beginners don't have the strength to make 2 pound muscle mass gains a month unless he's on a "Soviet-guide to muscle growth for winning Olympic medals for mother Russia using steroids and stuff" program.

Muscle mass growth is triggered by low rep, high weight exercises. You cannot maintain high weight/low rep exercises all year long. Your body gets used to it and stops growing. You have to change up your workout with low weight/high reps and medium weight/medium reps on a regular basis.
A beginner is going to be able to do a one rep max squat of maybe 100 lbs. Bench press of 75 lbs. Deadlift of 90 lbs. These are arbitrary numbers but most beginners can't lift more than my left nut.

Low rep high weight is more for strength and not going to get most people very far in terms of mass. I never lifted too heavy, but where i could perform 8-12 reps, no less than 8, dont push crazy weight, but grew like a weed. pumping more blood into the muscle to me is better for mass than 1-5 reps. Just look at bodybuilders who do 8-15 reps and then at olympic weightlifters who perform 1-5 reps, and the latter is nowhere near the size, yet both juice. even the average joes in the gym, the ones doing low reps and 1rm all the time, and others doing higher reps, the low reppers are a lot stronger, but not nearly as big

Bledswole

Slappin and clowning chumps for fun.
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
20 pounds? you can put that shyt on in a few months

20 good pounds? A combination of muscle,fat and water? About a solid year

20 pounds straight muscle? A few years,unless you are a newbie then you can probably do this in a year,but the gains will sloooooooooowwww down tremendously after that first year.

Thats why most people go for scenario #2 which is called a bulk, you eat mostly what you want,lift,strength goes up quick and weight does as well,only thing about that is,when it's time to cut,depending on how much fat you put on gonna be a tougher road to get shredded.

If I could do it all over again,I would have just lifted and increased my calories every now and then,no bulking.

Daps
Being that y'all are kindof experts I want to see how long it'd reasonably take me to put on that weight
If muscle 2 years tops. If your a beginner do full body workouts 3 times a week. Use compound lift bench press, deadlift, shoulder press, squat and tbar rows. If done right you can put on 20-30 pounds in two years eat sleep and train

semtex

:)
Daps
If you're new this is possible to do and stay lean. If you been training for years then :francis: