How long would it take to put on 20 lbs?

Hybrinetics

Banned
Daps
Are you a beginner? If so you could probably put on 20 pounds in 3-4 months depending on your consistency and genetics. It wont all be muscle but since your skinny you dont have to worry about getting fat. you got to eat though, a lot, and get adequate sleep

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
Are you a beginner? If so you could probably put on 20 pounds in 3-4 months depending on your consistency and genetics. It wont all be muscle but since your skinny you dont have to worry about getting fat. you got to eat though, a lot, and get adequate sleep
Yea and make sure you are making gains in the gym. If u put on 20 lbs and are lifting the same weight as u were when u started :ufdup:

Gains are the driver

ThugLife

Diehard Jimmy Buckets fan
Daps
Reppin
I bought a Carbon 15 when I was 18
:dwillhuh:

Go on...

I got like 7% bf right now at 150lbs...

I thought that what ever weight I gained would just add to my overall swoleness
Sure you'll "look" swoler if you add on some fat with your muscle but I'm just letting you know fat will never turn into muscle tissue.

20 pounds of straight MUSCLE is a HUGE difference and will take years to put on.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Sure you'll "look" swoler if you add on some fat with your muscle but I'm just letting you know fat will never turn into muscle tissue.

20 pounds of straight MUSCLE is a HUGE difference and will take years to put on.
Unless you get on dat dere Cell Tech

OfTheCross

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Keeping my overhead low, and my understand high

So the truth is that you gotta Burn fat and then Build muscle?

I was always under the impression that while you building, you're turning fat into muscle..

Good to know, though

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
years? :stopitslime: with good genetics a beginner can put on an easy 2 pounds of muscle a month for a good year with consistency and diet. thats 24 pounds right there
Most beginners don't have the strength to make 2 pound muscle mass gains a month unless he's on a "Soviet-guide to muscle growth for winning Olympic medals for mother Russia using steroids and stuff" program.

Muscle mass growth is triggered by low rep, high weight exercises. You cannot maintain high weight/low rep exercises all year long. Your body gets used to it and stops growing. You have to change up your workout with low weight/high reps and medium weight/medium reps on a regular basis.
A beginner is going to be able to do a one rep max squat of maybe 100 lbs. Bench press of 75 lbs. Deadlift of 90 lbs. These are arbitrary numbers but most beginners can't lift more than my left nut.