How I Met Your Father

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Show is alright, seemed to be getting it together as the season wrapped up.

But one thing's for sure, they gotta figure something out with the Asian sister. She's easily the single worst part of the show. Not just in the storylines and dialogue she's given, but how she's delivering it, or being directed to deliver it. It's like watching a random actor from a Nickelodeon show somehow get dropped into the middle of everything.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
So I missed that this was getting a twice as large second season.

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
Show is alright, seemed to be getting it together as the season wrapped up.

But one thing's for sure, they gotta figure something out with the Asian sister. She's easily the single worst part of the show. Not just in the storylines and dialogue she's given, but how she's delivering it, or being directed to deliver it. It's like watching a random actor from a Nickelodeon show somehow get dropped into the middle of everything.

The Asian character actress was clearly a "diversity" pick they tried to double up on - Asian woman lesbian.

She is terrible and non compelling

RennisDeynolds

Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
This is missing the charm of the original. It looks cheap and shytty - multi cams are dead in 2022. I think this could have worked better as a single cam. The characters don't have the tight connections of the original's crew

Asian actress is the WOAT.

4 episodes in they need to figure out what to do with her and the British guy.

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
Is she still married to Barney or does this take place somewhere during their divorce?

I can't remember, but I think they're divorced and she talks about making a lot of mistakes. The scenes she's in take place in the old bar and booth.

No spoilers but basically the Hillary Duff character has a choice to make, she stumbles into a random bar which happens to be the OG HIMYM bar, Robin is there, Duff knows her from the news (at this point Robin is a bigger news personality) and Robin basically says "don't make the same kinda mistakes I did"

RennisDeynolds

Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
I can't remember, but I think they're divorced and she talks about making a lot of mistakes. The scenes she's in take place in the old bar and booth.

No spoilers but basically the Hillary Duff character has a choice to make, she stumbles into a random bar which happens to be the OG HIMYM bar, Robin is there, Duff knows her from the news (at this point Robin is a bigger news personality) and Robin basically says "don't make the same kinda mistakes I did"

You sick mf, just spoiled the season finale for me :francis:

Lol what did you think of the show so far?

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
You sick mf, just spoiled the season finale for me :francis:

Lol what did you think of the show so far?

It's bad. It was bad when it started, it wasn't funny once throughout, and it was bad when the season ended. Bad writing and bad performances by boring and bad actors.

I wasn't gonna watch after the first two episodes but I saw something that said "wow! the finale leaves on a shock!!!" so I thought, Duff and Francia are fine AF, might as well look at them for 10 episodes and see what this ending is.

The ending was boring and terrible.

I won't be watching Season 2

RennisDeynolds

Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
It's bad. It was bad when it started, it wasn't funny once throughout, and it was bad when the season ended. Bad writing and bad performances by boring and bad actors.

I wasn't gonna watch after the first two episodes but I saw something that said "wow! the finale leaves on a shock!!!" so I thought, Duff and Francia are fine AF, might as well look at them for 10 episodes and see what this ending is.

The ending was boring and terrible.

I won't be watching Season 2

I thought the same but I ended up liking it. Not a priority show for me but hopefully they improve the second season

I don't remember Robin being such a shytbag in the last series like she came off here :mjlol:

The Asian character is the WOAT and needs to be written off the show. The British guy too :manny:

The way it went, They'll be stretching the shyt out just like the original

Erratic415

Superstar
Daps
I was kind of interesting in seeing it for both Francia Raisa & Hilary Duff but the reviews I read about it are almost always bad.