How does a game like Kena look so much better than big AAA publisher games

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
When has valkyrie profile ever had good graphics, it's not AAA game, only AAA game square enix releases in Final Fantasy, Nier Automata didn't have good graphics either, it's a low budget game like most square enix games, and games like Marvel Avengers, they just publish they don't make them

just like square enix doesn't make Valkyrie Profile they just publish it

big companies publish all types of games doesn't mean they had big budgets

and that Kena isn't long game or a big game plus they partnered with Sony to make the game

plus game doesn't look that bad, you used low res pics to make up some kind of narrative, it has a cel shaded art water painting art style, it's not even comparable to Kena plus it's way more stuff going on with it's combat than that simple ass game

Is Kena a AAA game?

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Is Kena a AAA game?

Their not the same type of game, the combat in that Valkyrie profile is like Nier Automata and the graphics on par like that

Kena is kiddy ass platformer with a colorful cartoony art style, it's not comparable

and the graphics in that game are not bad the game does not look bad in motion it looks better than nier replicant

and it will be better game than that kena shyt stop it man

Sony literally funded their game so they got an animation studio to do the art style, the graphics are not better you just prefer that style of art

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Their not the same type of game, the combat in that Valkyrie profile is like Nier Automata and the graphics on par like that

Kena is kiddy ass platformer with a colorful cartoony art style, it's not comparable

and the graphics in that game are not bad the game does not look bad in motion it looks better than nier replicant

and it will be better game than that kena shyt stop it man

Sony literally funded their game so they got an animation studio to do the art style, the graphics are not better you just prefer that style of art

I thought i was responding to meach, carry on…theres only so much nonsensical opinions i can manage

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I thought i was responding to meach, carry on…theres only so much nonsensical opinions i can manage

You had to use low res ass photos, to create some narrative, you're the nonsensical, and that kena game is basic as fukk, any game will look good in a cartoony style in high resolution
The Fan made Ocarina Time games one man teams make in unreal 4 look better than Kena
you argument is for a stand point of igonrance

Valkyrie profile is a mobile game series for the most part, is a niche series those games do not have big budgets, kena probably had bigger budget than any valkyrie profile if sony partnered with Ember to make the game, you don't know what you're talking about

The attack animations the way the game looks in motion is vastly superior in Valkyrie profile, Ken looks sterile and amateurish in comparison

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
Some devs are good at visuals and some are better at gameplay. Some are good at both while others can do none :yeshrug:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
With modern tools it doesn’t cost much to have good graphics.

AAA games spend most of their money on on voice actors, writers, artists, and long time salaries. The “graphics” are kinda already done for them.

A small studio can make a small game look really good without spending all that cash on the other things.

With that said, I wouldn’t even call the games in the op AAA. They have a AAA publisher, but I’m sure their budget isn’t much more than Kena.

Then it comes down to dev priorities. Kena looks good but it’s a very small/shallow style of game. The games in the op have lots more going on, therefore their resources were spent elsewhere.

Hitchens

Pro
Daps
You should have put Elden ring up there too that game has some of the worst graphics I have seen for a big aaa game.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
You should have put Elden ring up there too that game has some of the worst graphics I have seen for a big aaa game.
Stop it. You clearly have not laid your own eyes on the game.

Elden ring is a very good looking game. Even beautiful at times. It doesn’t do a good job with human faces/skin, but everything else looks really good.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
With modern tools it doesn’t cost much to have good graphics.

AAA games spend most of their money on on voice actors, writers, artists, and long time salaries. The “graphics” are kinda already done for them.

A small studio can make a small game look really good without spending all that cash on the other things.

With that said, I wouldn’t even call the games in the op AAA. They have a AAA publisher, but I’m sure their budget isn’t much more than Kena.

Then it comes down to dev priorities. Kena looks good but it’s a very small/shallow style of game. The games in the op have lots more going on, therefore their resources were spent elsewhere.

I mean what is the new Valkyrie game doing thats so special?

Diunx

Probably drunk
Daps
Reppin
nightset
That valkery game is an embarrassment, imagine a huge publisher releasing crap like that on ps5.

MajesticLion

Veteran
Daps
Ember Lab's foundation is in animation/fx. Coming at it from that direction where you have the technical aspects already in hand probably helps a lot.

Flywin Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Lannister Bloodline
Ember Lab was founded in 2009

That's your answer. Expertise, experience, time, effort and dedication. That's a 13 year old studio.. It's NOT their first rodeo.

Founded in 2009 by brothers Mike and Josh Grier, Ember Lab began as an animation and digital content studio. Our portfolio includes character-driven commercials and animated shorts for The Coca-Cola Company, Hisense, and MLB.

Ember Lab

Hitchens

Pro
Daps
Stop it. You clearly have not laid your own eyes on the game.

Elden ring is a very good looking game. Even beautiful at times. It doesn’t do a good job with human faces/skin, but everything else looks really good.
No it isn't. Elden Ring has poor vegetation, poor textures, poor animation and poor performance, textures popin is crazy in this game. This game from a graphical standpoint is completely outdated. Infamous second son, Killzone shadow fall, assassin creed unity looks better and those games are 8-9 years old.