How do you get to full blown self hate mode?

BlvdBrawler

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Something happened.

Before you write him off, you may need to have a sit down
with him.

I think he just made some money and white became right. He's just old and weird breh. My grandmother was the same way. I'm not writing dude off, but we really can't talk, ever.

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
What exactly do you mean by self hate? If this is on some racial shyt it's a bit more complex, if you just mean in general it's because we as a society gloss over philosophy as a part of education, this is probably THE most important thing we can learn, but we would much rather condition people to be told WHAT to think rather than HOW to think....it goes deeper, but that's the cornerstone, even if you wanna make it a "black" thing it still comes down to being able to get behind your own thought process.

Easy-E

I đź’—My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
It honestly is a very disturbing thing to see

By not arming yourself with knowledge.

IMO, just like racism, that type of energy is sent to us all day. And unless you're proactive and do something to combat it, you fall for it.

I feel the same way about white ppl and racism.

Are all white ppl racist? No.

But, they didn't just come out that way. Not when we're only two generations removed from Jim Crow (their grandparents' age).

There's plenty of stimuli telling them they're better than everyone and, really, that they are the normal ones. You always see positive images of white people.

Unless you take in a light amount of media, chances are; you don't really understand how you're equal to a black guy from Compton.

The conditioning is constantly goin' on. But, if you gain knowledge about the real world, you really see that you're no different that the next man.

Back to black ppl--DISCLAIMER: I'm no kill-whitey-militant, but I believe the images white people, in America, see is disturbing and pervasive.

When most message tell us that; our nappy hair is ugly, our dark skin is BLACK, we come from slavery, we commit the most crimes, it's hopeless for our community, you have to do a lot of unhealthy things to be "down," etc.

and you don't have anything (or seek anything) to refute that

...it's pretty easy not to see the value in black people, in America

Zapp Brannigan

Captain of the Nimbus
Daps
Reppin
DOOP
It's one of the strangest things.

Never told this to anyone, but fukk it imma let it fly.

On Easter Sunday this year, I was talking to my dad about the Trayvon Martin case. Without getting into too much detail, my father, a former Black Panther turned full-blown Republic00n, said that not only is George Zimmerman innocent, but that Trayvon deserved to die because he was "black and sneaking around". None of that is paraphrasing.

I've known for a while that my dad had lost his way (he's always been kind of an a$$hole; it's gotten much worse since Obama took office), but he's at the point where nobody in the family respects him anymore.

My mom needs to get a divorce.

:wow: I'm sorry to hear that, breh. It fukkin' sucks to see someone with so much rebellious ambition in them go down that dim path. :to:

Captain Crunch

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NY
Years of programming that has/is occurring over multiple generations
Lack of employment, because you're a certain kind :mjpls:

:manny:

Chill

carti stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Junipero

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
Don't understand how you can start a thread saying that when you stan Cudi and he usually dresses very well.

Why do people give a fukk about what white people are doing on this board, there could be energy better spent on other things.

CUDI dresses more than well and he is just my fave ever ugh he is totes my BFF in my mind :ohlawd: