How Do You Feel About Doing Good Deeds?

Theraflu

Newly-wed :blessed:
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Power
Yeah, this is part of the reason I've cut a lot of people out of my life, they don't remember the things you've done for them, only the things you weren't able to. I always went out of my way to help friends, I wouldn't give you the shirt off my back, I'd give you my wardrobe if you needed it. People take advantage of that, and then get angry when you cut them off completely for abusing your willingness to help.

Was going to rep this but I'm out for the day.

i experienced this as well in my story bro, it's a humbling experience but one which is needed in understanding human nature. I don't know if you noticed all this made you a deeper thinking too ? For me it did, I was able to objectively see those who I was giving more than they were giving me. I could objectively see who was a selfish b*stard, who was't, what extent selfishness was healthy and in which individuals it had gone too far.

Cutting those people off is very empowering though, that moment you realize someone really wasn't shyt. I had a friend who I let live me when he was homeless, lent him money etc and he had the sheer audacity to get pissed when I did some random (small) shyt to him, I had to analyse his revelance and know when to cut him.

Powerful stuff :lupe:

BlvdBrawler

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Took in a stray cat with a broken hip. Got the hip surgery on him with intent to give him away once he was healthy. He had other plans. Love that little fukker tho.

little4209

All Star
Daps
Every morning my mom would tell me "Try to be a blessing to at least 1 person today" or "be nice and let a car get in front of you today" and I definitely try to pay it forward...if people ask for change, I usually give it..even if they may be "faking" I figure, for them to even ask me, means that they need it more than I do..and plus I was raised to just be nice and hold doors, say please and thank you, give up your seat to the elderly/disabled/mothers so it's just in my nature...I want to start volunteering at the SPCA for the summer tho

Seea

rill rill
Daps
Reppin
Nope.
It's great.

A family friend couldn't feed their kid or nephew and while I was at the store I picked food up and cooked so they could eat. Adults are one thing but no kids can be hungry when I'm around. That's a no-go.

god shamgod

Veteran
Daps
I use to but I'm not more cuz there's no point.Karma don't exist and doing nice things for strangers will get you nowhere in life