How Do You Feel About Doing Good Deeds?

Poh SIti Dawn

Staying Positive, Getting Better Everyday. Holler!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I was driving on the freeway today, heading back from having coffee and cigarettes at a café after I finished playing soccer, and to the left of me an SUV with a man and a woman in it had it's entire tire fall off, so I pulled off to the left and followed the tire. After it finally stopped rolling (it had rolled for at least half a mile) I parked, got out, and put the tire in my trunk and put my car into reverse and drove back to where the SUV had pulled over at and gave them their tire back. It felt good.

Do you go out of your way to help people, just for the sake of being selfless? It could be something simple like opening the door for a group of people whom you don't even know. Give me some stories.

Camammal

Half Man Half Mammal
Daps
Reppin
Marcy
Best feeling in the world breh, and especially when some one is truly grateful for it

Poh SIti Dawn

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yea I help people cuz shyt usually comes back to me. Karma is real
Disregard the karma, good deeds should come out of the goodness of your heart, and instead out of believing that rewards will be given.

That's something I've realized, when I hold the door open; sure I'd appreciate a "thank you", but if I don't get it, it's fine because I'm doing it just to do it; not because I'm looking for gratuity.
Best feeling in the world breh, and especially when some one is truly grateful for it

Hell yeah.

Theraflu

Newly-wed :blessed:
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Power
Honestly breh, being selfless and philanthropy are the two characteristics which really make up my life IRL. When I was 18, I decided that my life aim was to contribute to as many people as I can and do as much as I can for anyone.

It has made life interesting, sometimes it burnt me but I have learnt a lot.

I have far too many stories, some of the best people I've met, I've met through volunteering.

Poh SIti Dawn

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Honestly breh, being selfless and philanthropy are the two characteristics which really make up my life IRL. When I was 18, I decided that my life aim was to contribute to as many people as I can and do as much as I can for anyone.

It has made life interesting, sometimes it burnt me but I have learnt a lot.

I have far too many stories, some of the best people I've met, I've met through volunteering.

It does burn you out, but even when you're burnt out if someone were to ask the person that burned you out about you, they'd probably say you were solid and extremely dependable, and being a solid and dependable person is one of the best things that you can ever be.

Share one please.

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?
I do it because I feel it's the right thing to do, not to get a good feeling from it or a pat on the back.

One time I was playing ball upstate in Tarrytown, they had courts down by the Hudson river and a nice little park. My girl has family there so we go often, and there was an older white guy in his 70s with his hood open, keep in mind it was the middle of July so it was hot as fukk. I stop playing, go over to ask him what's wrong and he said the battery was dead, so I pull my car next to his and try to give him a jump. The car wouldn't turn over, and he asked me where there was a mechanic, he was going to walk there but I gave him a ride there instead. When we got there he said thank you like 20 different times, shook my hand and tried to give me $20, I turned it down told him his thanks was enough and he looked like he just seen a ghost.

I try to think how would I feel if someone didn't help my grandmother/grandfather, mother, father, sister etc. I'll go out of my way to help someone :manny:

craigsagersuit

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Los Sandalous

Yes%2Bsir%2BD%2Bthis%2Bgif%2Bwas%2Bgolden%2B_483d2e3ead21878f296690ac04d468c4.jpg

Theraflu

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Power
It does burn you out, but even when you're burnt out if someone were to ask the person that burned you out about you, they'd probably say you were solid and extremely dependable, and being a solid and dependable person is one of the best things that you can ever be.

Share one please.

I agree breh but if you are a genuine kind person you have to be so careful, we will live in narcissistic society and there are people always out to see how much they can get. One skill this whole 'selfless' thing has taught me knowing how to detect people who are full of shyt and who aren't and just having a good judge of character. I can spend a few minutes with a man and tell if he has a good heart or not.

The best stories are of the friends I made when volunteering, we used to help homeless people get back into employment. Some of the homeless guys I helped get into employment I am still very good friends with today. Just seeing them go from being bums to helping them with interviews, getting jobs, seeing them off the streets, helping them into their first homes, that was rewarding.

Let me see......forming relationships with older lonely people is another good one. but be careful with this one, some of the old people I used to spare a few hours a week to play chess with, then they die it's v depressing.

I've done so much volunteering with so many different types of people and just been so supportive to many types of people just too many stories.

Oh helping lil hood rats with no parental figure do little things when their self esteem is low is a good one.

It's a nice feeling breh. It's honestly my life goal and what I live for connecting with strangers, helping nikkas out.

Theraflu

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Power
I do it because I feel it's the right thing to do, not to get a good feeling from it or a pat on the back.

One time I was playing ball upstate in Tarrytown, they had courts down by the Hudson river and a nice little park. My girl has family there so we go often, and there was an older white guy in his 70s with his hood open, keep in mind it was the middle of July so it was hot as fukk. I stop playing, go over to ask him what's wrong and he said the battery was dead, so I pull my car next to his and try to give him a jump. The car wouldn't turn over, and he asked me where there was a mechanic, he was going to walk there but I gave him a ride there instead. When we got there he said thank you like 20 different times, shook my hand and tried to give me $20, I turned it down told him his thanks was enough and he looked like he just seen a ghost.

I try to think how would I feel if someone didn't help my grandmother/grandfather, mother, father, sister etc. I'll go out of my way to help someone :manny:

I have thing mentality too, I like to hope that the same way I treat strangers one day, maybe someone will treat my family member like that in need. But people are just so fukked up today, you're more likely to find someone who is quick to rob a grandma than help her out. I just hope my family come across good people when they get out there....

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?
I agree breh but if you are a genuine kind person you have to be so careful, we will live in narcissistic society and there are people always out to see how much they can get. One skill this whole 'selfless' thing has taught me knowing how to detect people who are full of shyt and who aren't and just having a good judge of character. I can spend a few minutes with a man and tell if he has a good heart of not.

Yeah, this is part of the reason I've cut a lot of people out of my life, they don't remember the things you've done for them, only the things you weren't able to. I always went out of my way to help friends, I wouldn't give you the shirt off my back, I'd give you my wardrobe if you needed it. People take advantage of that, and then get angry when you cut them off completely for abusing your willingness to help.

Poh SIti Dawn

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I agree breh but if you are a genuine kind person you have to be so careful, we will live in narcissistic society and there are people always out to see how much they can get. One skill this whole 'selfless' thing has taught me knowing how to detect people who are full of shyt and who aren't and just having a good judge of character. I can spend a few minutes with a man and tell if he has a good heart or not.

The best stories are of the friends I made when volunteering, we used to help homeless people get back into employment. Some of the homeless guys I helped get into employment I am still very good friends with today. Just seeing them go from being bums to helping them with interviews, getting jobs, seeing them off the streets, helping them into their first homes, that was rewarding.

Let me see......forming relationships with older lonely people is another good one. but be careful with this one, some of the old people I used to spare a few hours a week to play chess with, then they die it's v depressing.

I've done so much volunteering with so many different types of people and just been so supportive to many types of people just too many stories.

Oh helping lil hood rats with no parental figure do little things when their self esteem is low is a good one.

It's a nice feeling breh. It's honestly my life goal and what I live for connecting with strangers, helping nikkas out.

Honestly, that's been one of the problems for me in life. Friends knowing I'm dependable so they can ask for things whenever they need it, or even just getting mad at me and trying to cuss me out because something is wrong in their life and knowing that I'm not the type to argue and just dust it off easily, and with those kind of things happening to me I've learned to cut people off very quickly, and I don't do it in a "Look this is what you did, and that's why I'm not messing with you anymore" I just distance myself from them slowly.

And I agree, a good person doesn't go out of his/her way to let you know how good of a person they are, it just naturally flows out with words and vibes.

That's sick, I bet they often thank you as well; simply because you've saved their lives.

And helping kids out is one of my favorite thing, I know I go out of my way to teach kids morals/lessons and even school related things, like the other day ago I was teaching my little cousin how to read; and things like that are a good feeling because when they'll get older you know that they'll teach other little kids how to do things that you've shown them and that just makes one more good person that you can add to this world.

Most definitely.

Poh SIti Dawn

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah, this is part of the reason I've cut a lot of people out of my life, they don't remember the things you've done for them, only the things you weren't able to. I always went out of my way to help friends, I wouldn't give you the shirt off my back, I'd give you my wardrobe if you needed it. People take advantage of that, and then get angry when you cut them off completely for abusing your willingness to help.

Funny, we said the same exact thing!