How do you calculate calories to gain weight?

Mr swag

We Out Here
Daps
Reppin
The Well Respected Uptown,Virginia
I'm 129 pounds but I have gone up from 112 but now I hit the wall of 129. I been counting my calories for a few months and I have been averaging Around 2,200-2,300.

I heard you Times your weight by 16 to gain and by 13 to maintain. If that is the case, I blow out the gain math already with my current intake of calories. Is that math wrong?

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
Everyday, 1,250 serious mass

Panda Express plate, double black pepper chicken and white rice, that is 1,200 also.

guess your metabolism is higher than you expected. only thing I can suggest is increasing calories (from carbs) by about 100 every one-two weeks, until you stop loosing and start gaining. Obviously you'll have to monitor your weight closely as well.

I know I had that problem, when I first started trying to put on weight in September, I was coming from a cut (calorie deficit) of about 1700. Started working out 5-7 days a week and was trying to bulk on 2500 :mjlol:
My body would constantly be hungry, and I would lose weight, after eating what I felt like was a lot.

Eventually it stopped though, due to my body getting use to work outs and me increasing cals to help out recovery.

• Dap
Reactions: Meh

Mr swag

We Out Here
Daps
Reppin
guess your metabolism is higher than you expected. only thing I can suggest is increasing calories (from carbs) by about 100 every one-two weeks, until you stop loosing and start gaining. Obviously you'll have to monitor your weight closely as well.

I know I had that problem, when I first started trying to put on weight in September, I was coming from a cut (calorie deficit) of about 1700. Started working out 5-7 days a week and was trying to bulk on 2500 :mjlol:
My body would constantly be hungry, and I would lose weight, after eating what I felt like was a lot.

Eventually it stopped though, due to my body getting use to work outs and me increasing cals to help out recovery.

Ok, so I guess 2,600????

I don't even workout like that. I do push ups and dumbells in the house every other day

XxBboyxX

Banned
Daps
Ok, so I guess 2,600????

I don't even workout like that. I do push ups and dumbells in the house every other day

How old are u breh? U sounded like me when i was 17-23. I swear no matter how much i ate i never gained a pound due to high metabolism.

If i were you id get a weight gainer and just make a shake a day to add to your 2400 calories. U can get one that can add 1000 calories in a single drink so youll be getting 3400. High metabolism is good if u cutting but sucks if you trying to bulk.

• Dap
Reactions: Meh

Mr swag

We Out Here
Daps
Reppin
How old are u breh? U sounded like me when i was 17-23. I swear no matter how much i ate i never gained a pound due to high metabolism.

If i were you id get a weight gainer and just make a shake a day to add to your 2400 calories. U can get one that can add 1000 calories in a single drink so youll be getting 3400. High metabolism is good if u cutting but sucks if you trying to bulk.

lol I'm 31, I always thought I will gain weight at some point, never happened

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’

That's where I'm at right now. I eat, gain, but can't maintain the weight I gain. I just end up losing.

CarbonBraddock

You will be trolled
Daps
mufukka, you should've started out at 3,000. if you find you are gaining too much fat, then take a hundred off and go from there. 2,300 ain't shyt.

Doomsday

Superstar
Daps
mufukka, you should've started out at 3,000. if you find you are gaining too much fat, then take a hundred off and go from there. 2,300 ain't shyt.

He doesn't have to worry about fat for another 50 pounds at least,