How do Rappers like Styles P and Mack 10 Make Money?

MegaTronBomb!

Power is in my hair nikka
Daps
Reppin
From The Westside With Love
I'm not sure what happened, but Mack always came across as a disloyal dude who could never control his mouth.

WC a real dude. Mack, not.

it wasn't that Mack is/was disloyal

When Terrorist Threats came out, cube didn't wanna go on tour to promote the shyt...he wanted to do movies and not really push the Album.

Unlike Cube, Mack and WC dont really have that star power that'll draw people to them..and Mack never let that shyt go.

but Mack aint broke at all, He still has his Cash Money deal, G Malone is under him over there.

he's been essentially an independent artist for the last 10-12 years even tho he's had distribution from major labels.

Wudo75

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They invest their rap money AND their creativity in other businesses. Sometimes this goes wrong though

dre

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY/DC
Styles probably makes decent show/feature money. He still gets good placements, he was just on BMF a couple years back.

As far as people on Mack 10's level.....an explanation of that might involve dry snitching

SubLyminalz

Kemba Escobar Season Has Returned.
Supporter
Daps
styles is on tour with spitta and always in demand for shows and features, plus he owns a juice bar.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
just using them as an example, but how do rappers of that caliber, who have no hits from the past, no touring, no nothing.. how they feed they family? :sad:

do you listen to style's lyrics?? do you think he's lying? point blank, a lot of these rappers sell drugs. the music biz is just another hustle, another means of financing their street grind. also, these dudes are extorting motherfukkers.

BIGDENNIS10UK

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nah he's well known over here a big portion of these on the grind fam rappers basically ran with the D-Block, Dipset, State P, blueprint especially D-block

His Ghost In The Machine mixtape is gold in certain parts of London, trust me.

I stand corrected, can't say I'm on the scene like that, I always liked him, that gangsta/gentleman album was solid, listened to that for a while.

Black Ball

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Mighty LBC
Mack & Cube fell out over some personal shyt. Mack got into with Cube's brother-in-law from what I remember. Accused dude of some shady dealings involving the group. Cube didn't like that. Cube says that Mack needs to come correct and apologize and all that. Mack feels Cube needed to check dude and shouldn't have allowed dude to meddle in the group or whatever.

BIGDENNIS10UK

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
do you listen to style's lyrics?? do you think he's lying? point blank, a lot of these rappers sell drugs. the music biz is just another hustle, another means of financing their street grind. also, these dudes are extorting motherfukkers.

At risk of being corrected for the second time in this thread....

:rudy:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
At risk of being corrected for the second time in this thread....

i KNOW for a fact that those d-block nikkas got money in the streets. do you think these nikkas just left the drug game when coming into rap? nah, man. it's just another hustle for these cats. a lot of these dudes are extorting their way into record deals. they make their cake in music and use it to launder their drug money. hip-hop is a money laundering scheme, by and large, though there are certainly a lot of legitimate acts out there -- even the actual dealers turned rappers have talent. but, this music industry has been infiltrated by dealers top to bottom.

that henchman cat is just the tip of the iceberg. you think he's the only one out there getting it like that???

BIGDENNIS10UK

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I believe some may do, but the lox been rappers from kids and been quite succesful (compated to tje working man), so I don't know.

Reality Check

Keepin' it 100
Daps
Mack & Cube fell out over some personal shyt. Mack got into with Cube's brother-in-law from what I remember. Accused dude of some shady dealings involving the group. Cube didn't like that. Cube says that Mack needs to come correct and apologize and all that. Mack feels Cube needed to check dude and shouldn't have allowed dude to meddle in the group or whatever.

Pretty much it. Mack 10 spoke on this in an interview with AHH

AllHipHop.com: There’s been some stories around the internet about your falling out with Ice Cube. Some have said it’s personal and regarding family. What’s the real story?

Mack 10:
Basically, I didn’t do anything to him and he didn’t do anything to me. We had an argument and I guess it was taken the wrong way because his wife was present. If she wasn’t there, we would probably still be doing records. His brother-in-law was disrespectful in a certain way. I don’t know what kind of dude he is now, but back then he was disrespectful. It was brought to Cube about 3 or 4 times before the bullshyt happened. If I bring something to you 3 or 4 times and you don’t do anything about it. I mean just because a kid is your kid doesn’t mean he has the right to go spitting about anybody. The argument and the brother-in-law wasn’t worth throwing away The Westside Connection over in my opinion. When I heard the "kiss the ring" comment I just had to laugh because that’s comedy. That’s where I’m at with it. I don’t know what he’s tripping off of.

AllHipHop.com: After that argument all communication between you two ceased?

Mack 10: Just like that. It was over his disrespectful brother-in-law and I guess that’s what he meant when he said that I crossed the line or the family line. I didn’t cross any line. He (the brother-in-law) got in to it with several of my people. To keep it real with you, I don’t know what dude is tripping off of. Whatever happened that night it wasn’t worth The Westside Connection not doing anymore records together.

Mack 10: Talks Ice Cube, New West & New Music | AllHipHop.com