How different would gaming be in an alternate universe if....

Kairi Irving

Here Comes A New Challenger
Daps
King of Fighters overtook SF as the iconic fighting game franchise. SF dies out in the mid 90s.

Thrill Kill releases

Virtua Fighter kept going and tekken fizzled out and is looked at in retrospect as a VF wannabe.

Saints Row released in 2003 under it's original title and premise, Bling Bling on the PS2.

GTA3 doesn't remove it's coincidental 9/11 mission

GTA clone, This Is Vegas releases

Campus (bully clone) releases

GTA V Online is hated by everyone

P.T. releases

NBA Live never went away but 2K does instead.

Thoughts? More to add?

Kairi Irving

Daps
I honestly think if GTA 3 kept it's 9/11 mission AND Saints Row releases a year before San Andreas I think GTA becomes a distant memory

9/11 was in the same year as GTA lll so the backlash would hit hard

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
Any thing outside of SF would get ignored

Nah we were feasting before Inafune convinced to change direction, and Capcom knows how much market share SF could truly attained. There’s a chance Dino Crisis, Onimusha, and Lost Planet would be million+ units movers today. Add that to the fact it could help funnel that money to new IPs, the Sega x PlatinumGames could’ve stayed at Capcom.

Kairi Irving

Daps
Nah we were feasting before Inafune convinced to change direction, and Capcom knows how much market share SF could truly attained. There’s a chance Dino Crisis, Onimusha, and Lost Planet would be million+ units movers today. Add that to the fact it could help funnel that money to new IPs, the Sega x PlatinumGames could’ve stayed at Capcom.

Dino crisis appeals to westerners

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
King of Fighters overtook SF as the iconic fighting game franchise. SF dies out in the mid 90s.

Thrill Kill releases

Virtua Fighter kept going and tekken fizzled out and is looked at in retrospect as a VF wannabe.

Saints Row released in 2003 under it's original title and premise, Bling Bling on the PS2.

GTA3 doesn't remove it's coincidental 9/11 mission

GTA clone, This Is Vegas releases

Campus (bully clone) releases

GTA V Online is hated by everyone

P.T. releases

NBA Live never went away but 2K does instead.

Thoughts? More to add?

Tell me more about This is Vegas and Campus, I never heard of them :jbhmm:

PT releases and Kojima doesnt make Death Stranding. Konami prints money and a lot more people get heart attacks out of the fear experienced :lupe:. He churns out a few Silent Hills before possibly dabbling in the realm of Metal Gear again (remake for new gen)

I think the global angle really helped Street Fighter. King of Fighters has a great cast/roster but it kinda fell into that anime teen category :hubie: shyt would be crazy if SNK had become the big dogs

If Saints Row released as Bling Bling in 03 it would be a foot note and nothing more. Coming through with the 360 as the GTA Killer was a crazy look

Kairi Irving

Daps
Tell me more about This is Vegas and Campus, I never heard of them :jbhmm:

PT releases and Kojima doesnt make Death Stranding. Konami prints money and a lot more people get heart attacks out of the fear experienced :lupe:. He churns out a few Silent Hills before possibly dabbling in the realm of Metal Gear again (remake for new gen)

I think the global angle really helped Street Fighter. King of Fighters has a great cast/roster but it kinda fell into that anime teen category :hubie: shyt would be crazy if SNK had become the big dogs

If Saints Row released as Bling Bling in 03 it would be a foot note and nothing more. Coming through with the 360 as the GTA Killer was a crazy look

There was never a game like GTA SA so Saints Row dropping a year before it changes a lot.

Kairi Irving

Daps
If nintendo and sony actually made that joint console they were planning on in the early 90s:whew:

they damn near be the amazon of video games:banderas:

I think the Sega Xbox collaborative console would exist

Nintendo would be sony then. All of the sony franchises probably wouldn't exist but let's say they did anyway

I think they'd release two consoles per generation

One hardcore gamer console that's powerful (ps3, ps4) and a family friend affordable console (typical nintendo console)