How did you meet your crew of friends?

Music Fiend

Superstar
Daps
I'm in my early 30s, and finding that maintaining friendships is getting hard. Partially because there's more demanded from you as an adult with a career, woman, potential family soon, etc. But honestly it's mainly the massive change in who you are as a person and if you didn't keep the best company, you start seeing the differences in lifestyle as obstacles.

Me and the crew i've been around spent a lot of our 20s partying, playin ball, double dates, stepping out. We still bbq, throw crawfish boils, step out every blue, and join ball leagues. But shyt is just different now, and I'm looking for ways to start making friends that fit my life a bit better. It's probably that idk what friendship looks like at 30...

I just want to have some solid nikkas around me that are going the same direction.

What does friendships look like in your 30s and any recommendations for meeting new like-minded ppl?

parallax

Superstar
Daps
one ive known since 5, then theres the cats that i met in high school

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
I'm in my early 30s, and finding that maintaining friendships is getting hard. Partially because there's more demanded from you as an adult with a career, woman, potential family soon, etc. But honestly it's mainly the massive change in who you are as a person and if you didn't keep the best company, you start seeing the differences in lifestyle as obstacles.

Me and the crew i've been around spent a lot of our 20s partying, playin ball, double dates, stepping out. We still bbq, throw crawfish boils, step out every blue, and join ball leagues. But shyt is just different now, and I'm looking for ways to start making friends that fit my life a bit better. It's probably that idk what friendship looks like at 30...

I just want to have some solid nikkas around me that are going the same direction.

What does friendships look like in your 30s and any recommendations for meeting new like-minded ppl?

Most of my friends are from high school/college and we make it a habit to meet at bare minimum once a month. However, in terms of my friends I met in adulthood? Mostly from work and through collective interest groups like run clubs/sports clubs and the sort.

Also though. Positivity and "going the same direction" are traps for adult relationships. Everyone ain't on the same economic level and that's ok. If you're CEO level and only have CEO friends you're probably a dikk. If you a hood nikka but ONLY have hood nikka friends...you're probably a dikk.
Broaden your criteria for friendship and you're have a much easier time of it.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
My crew met in elementary school stayed cool throughout high school.
Then over time people drop off.

First its the dudes that had kids early like in high school. No time for friends anymore.
Then later it was the dudes who didn't go to college. they stay working double shifts and night shift, never availible.
Then after that its the college kids, getting jobs in different states moving away.
Then its everybody else having kids and getting married.
down to a core group of 3 right now.

Daps
i have two main groups of friends

i should say one now, cuz the ones i met in college when we were all 18 (group A), the closest ones to me have died in the last 2 years so i don't really talk to the ones that were kinda more like 2nd degree/friends of friends. i actually found out this weekend from google, that one of the 2nd degree homies died the last halloween. shyts fukked me up, like damn all 3 of them are in heaven now just chillin within the past 2 years! not sure whats up with that group dying off... other than the fact that they live hard and fast lol.

group B, also when i was in college, but i met them through the job i had at the time. they are a few years older than me. pretty solid people.

i have a newer group of friends that i made in the last few years but i don't really go to their functions unless my best friend from group B is going too they are her work colleagues first.

then i have a few scattered friends from high school and they live across the country. they are all related but i pretty much deal with them individual

i'm actually trying to make more friends soon cuz my friends passing recently is not sitting well with me. i will probably meet them through social activities.

Last edited:

RehReh

🖤GhettoEmpress🖤
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
UK
I'm an enigma the only women I really entertain these days are big women I can learn from

For example my ex boyfriends landlady and I are cool when my ex used to be stuck in his room playing PlayStation games she would put me on game about men lol

2 of my cousins wife's have been around for years and we naturally gravitated towards eachother, same interests.

I cut my entire circle of hoe friends off in 2020
Most I have known since I was like 8 lol

Gotta be done sometimes

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child
My main crew is a circle of six of us. Four of us have been friends since kindergarten. The other two we met at 8 and 11 when they moved into the neighborhood. Of course we had other friends who came and went. But the six of us are like brothers

#BOTHSIDES

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
The Chi
I don’t roll with any childhood friends or friends from school. Only roll with folks from college and then ppl I met after college thru travel, work, friends of friends etc. Once I left the hood, I never looked back.

thefloorislava

All Star
Daps
Met most of my friends through highschool and undergrad in college. Best place to meet people as an adult is through work, hobbies and school. If you’re into running, run clubs are a good option. ‘Putting yourself out there’ just means having an active lifestyle which puts you in proximity with other people.