How did the European colonization of Africa take place?

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
Also I have a theory: from what I know Africans were not that much on that conquer shyt, and most tribes bargained arrangments between them to live in peace. Of course wars existed, but def not as much as in Europe. Africa is HUGE so land is less fought over there than in Europe. So maybe the initial mindset of local rulers was like : Well, who are these new guys, let's see how we can make business together and co-exist. On the contrary Euros had been fighting wars since forever in Europe so they've always had that mentality. So they easily won.

Their definitely were wars in South Africa. King Shaka went to war with a lot of neighboring tribes to expand the Zulu kingdom.

Starman

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
My dad has had that book for as long as I can remember. I never read it though. What's it about :lupe:

Jared Diamond explains how he believes Europeans came to conquer the New World.

How Sway?

Great Value Man
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Industrial Revolution + Machine Gun + Gunboat + Bomber planes nuff said...

Beforehand Africans were able to easily hold their own and beat Europeans. We see this with Malians and coastal island Africans beating the Portuguese. Queen Nzinga holding her own. They were basically even. After that clear domination due to big technological gap. Yet there were still Africans like the Ashanti, Somalis and Samori Toure who were able to last a hell a lot long against industrialized Europeans which is VERY impressive. The Ashanti fought the British in 4-5 wars! And the Somalis fought the British until the British got frustrated and aerial bombarded them. imo the Zulus are overrated, they don't touch the Ashantis.

And of course you have Ethiopians beating the Italians, but to be honest the Italians weren't a real power like the British or French.

And it wasn't just Africa people... Industrialized nations were dominating non-industrialized nations in general. China and the rest of East Asia became Industrialized Imperial Japan's bytch. This was due to China's stubbornness to industrialize.
yeah the Anglo ashanti war lasted for almost 100 years. Story has it that A high ranking British general ended up getting beheaded
Charles MacCarthy (governor) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Ashanti War and the Battle of Nsamankow[edit]
In late 1823, following the disagreements between the Fantis and the Ashantis, he declared war on the king of the Ashanti; after organising the defences of Cape Coast, he set out with an expedition of some 80 men of the Royal African Colonial Corps, 170 men of the Cape Coast Militia, and 240 Fanti tribesmen under their local chiefs. He was accompanied by a captain and an ensign of the 2nd West India Regiment, as aides-de-camp, a surgeon of the same regiment, and J. T. Williams, his colonial secretary. This was not the only part of his force; three other groups of infantry were in the region, one of 600 regulars of the RACC and 3,000 native levies, one of 100 regulars and militia and 2,000 levies (under Major Alexander Gordon Laing), and a third of 300 regulars and militia and 6,000 levies. The plan was for the four groups to converge and then engage the enemy with overwhelming force.

On the night of the 20th, still without having joined forces with the other three groups, his force camped by a tributary of the Pra River. The next day, at around 2pm, they encountered a large enemy force of around ten thousand men; in the belief that the Ashanti army contained several disaffected groups whose chiefs were willing to defect, MacCarthy instructed the band to play the National Anthem loudly. The Ashanti responded by approaching closer, beating war drums, and his beliefs were swiftly dispelled.

Fighting started shortly thereafter; the two sides were separated by a 60-foot-wide (18 m) stream, which the Ashanti made no major attempt to ford, both sides contenting themselves with staying firm and keeping up a continual musket fire. However, the British forces were lightly supplied; the bearers bringing the supplies up in the rear, which included most of the gunpowder and ammunition, mostly fled after hearing the firing in the distance and encountering deserters straggling back. Only one additional barrel of powder and one of shot were brought up, and ammunition ran out around 4pm; the Ashanti then made a determined attempt to cross the river, and quickly broke into the camp.

Almost all the British force were killed immediately; only around 20 managed to escape. MacCarthy, along with the ensign and his secretary, attempted to fall back; he was wounded by gunfire, however, and killed by a second shot shortly thereafter. Ensign Wetherell was killed whilst trying to defend MacCarthy's body and Williams taken prisoner. On his return, he related that he had only survived through being recognised by an Ashanti chief for whom he had done a small favour, and was spared; he was held prisoner for several months, locked in a hut which he shared with the severed heads of MacCarthy and Wetherell, kept as trophies of war. McCarthy's gold-rimmed skull was later used as a drinking-cup by the Ashanti rulers.

'Amankwatia is a late Chief of Bantama (A suburb of Kumasi) who was also an Asante war general, who defeated the British in 1824 and killed General Charles MaCarthy. The name Amankwatia has since become a Royal title and sometimes used by subsequent Chiefs of the Bantama Stool''
*Source: Female Song Tradition of the Akan of Ghana - Kwasi Ampene

Dzali OG

Dz Ali OG...Pay me like you owe me!
Daps
Reppin
Duval Florida
Africa was the black guy who went to prison in Russia.

All the cacs looked at him like :shaq:

Yeah 1 on 1 he could beat any of them. Even 2 on 1...but it was like 20 on one. Breh had no backup.

So they bent Africa over and ran a gay ass train. They're dikk still in our ass. Only Question Is When Are We Going To Get Tired Of Being sodomized and remove their phallus.

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
Africa was the black guy who went to prison in Russia.

All the cacs looked at him like :shaq:

Yeah 1 on 1 he could beat any of them. Even 2 on 1...but it was like 20 on one. Breh had no backup.

So they bent Africa over and ran a gay ass train. They're dikk still in our ass. Only Question Is When Are We Going To Get Tired Of Being sodomized and remove their phallus.

:russ::dead:

Dzali OG

Dz Ali OG...Pay me like you owe me!
Daps
Reppin
Duval Florida
On the real I say, the way things are now is how they were then. The same way black people are now, the same way they were.

Look at the state of black people. Majority are chasing ass and concerned with new dances. Not concerned with owning or creating anything. Not concerned with science and law.

Also, just as today, we don't take cacs serious. With all their power and standing we don't take them serious.