How did Cody Rhodes go from a wrestler that was booed so heavily by fans in AEW as a babyface......

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Not sure where we are disagreeing breh :jbhmm:

And yeah, part of making Roman lose was "see, he doesn't win all the time, he's the underdog y'all supposed to like!".
My point was I don’t think they learned any particular lesson about getting or keeping someone hot with Bryan because they made a million mistakes with Roman that were all entirely different mistakes and then from 2020-22 until Cody returned it felt like they didn’t even make an effort to get anyone over as a face at all. Look who Roman wrestled that year.

KO at the rumble, Bryan who was on the way out of the company, Edge who was nearly 50 and a part time guy, Antonio Cesaro who’d been buried 12 feet under as a singles star and would be gone shortly after, Cena who’d made his debut 19 years prior and was a certified legend by then, and Brock who needs little if anything said about him.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
My point was I don’t think they learned any particular lesson about getting or keeping someone hot with Bryan because they made a million mistakes with Roman that were all entirely different mistakes and then from 2020-22 until Cody returned it felt like they didn’t even make an effort to get anyone over as a face at all. Look who Roman wrestled that year.

KO at the rumble, Bryan who was on the way out of the company, Edge who was nearly 50 and a part time guy, Antonio Cesaro who’d been buried 12 feet under as a singles star and would be gone shortly after, Cena who’d made his debut 19 years prior and was a certified legend by then, and Brock who needs little if anything said about him.
We are talking different periods of times I think. WWE under Vince made it a thing to never let any babyface that was facing a top heel look dominant, they always had to be beaten and battered, always had to lose more than they'd win (with a lot of obvious cheating) and they'd always had to be scolded in promos and made sure to point to the fans how "not good enough" the face was. That was a fukked up "formula" Vince thought was going to work because Bryan was able to stay over despite of it, and no one else could. 2014 to at least 2018 was a miserable time to be a fan, they never gave you good payoffs, the heels were always stronger than the babyfaces and you were supposed to be "mad" at the company and get behind a babyface out of pity basically :heh: Rollins, Owens and Brock's reigns were a slog and no one ever came out on top looking good. The most normal reign was AJ's and by that time there was no promising babyface that could be a legit star.

I think Drew was the first face to actually be made to look strong for a decent period of time and look like a real menace towards heels.

YvrzTrvly

All Star
Daps
He sucked in wwe as his other shyt sucked...he sucked in aew because he sucks...he still sucks just less

Stop_It_5

Veteran
Daps
Vince threw that Codyverse nonsense in the bushes, reigned in his promos and never let Brandi get on TV. That with the WWE production/filter and you get the whitemeat babyface fans haven't had to gravitate to since Cena went part-time.

br82186

Superstar
Daps
Fans wanted him to turn heel but Cody didn't want to instead doing this Meta Heel thing which didn't go over well at all and came off as desperation to be accepted (i.e. the flaming table spot with Andrade). He also booked himself into a corner by disqualifying himself to ever challenge for the main belt, so he was stuck in the Codyverse because he had nothing to aspire for.

In other words, there should have been someone to say "no, that's not going to work and here's why".

This, but of course this is the TSC and n-gga's will throw some half assed answer sounding like Oswald Bates

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
Fans wanted him to turn heel but Cody didn't want to instead doing this Meta Heel thing which didn't go over well at all and came off as desperation to be accepted (i.e. the flaming table spot with Andrade). He also booked himself into a corner by disqualifying himself to ever challenge for the main belt, so he was stuck in the Codyverse because he had nothing to aspire for.

In other words, there should have been someone to say "no, that's not going to work and here's why".
This is the most correct answer.