How Comedian Mark Phillips Plans to Turn Viral Fame Into a Black Anime Empire

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
A long shot but Tyler Perry should holla at them and give them a production deal.

They already got better wigs than Tyler Perry :camby:
a7f20d4525a3c35706d5a63e46bb3820.1000x329x1.png

Once they take a deal the fall off will happen. As Mark said he's not messing with Hollywood because they'll take creative control. Glad he's smart enough to not sell out. Their brand is lucrative between YouTube and Twitch so they're not pressed to just sign anything.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Wish him the best but he's going to have a battle on his hands. The anti-black anti-woke crowd will accuse him of racism and say he's bringing division into anime. And maybe, that he's culturally appropriating Japanese culture. :francis:
Y'all care too much about what white folks think

Why even entertain this thought?

Kiyoshi-Dono

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Petty Vandross.. fukk Yall
Wish him the best but he's going to have a battle on his hands. The anti-black anti-woke crowd will accuse him of racism and say he's bringing division into anime. And maybe, that he's culturally appropriating Japanese culture. :francis:
And:skip:
Nerd culture and fandom has always been anti black
The shyt I read after Punk won Evo
If you still believing white people like you like that :Kd:
This is greatest era for young black nerds
Both male and female
The 90s and 00s:mjpls:
If it wasn’t for Pharrell and the Neptunes
A lot of nikkas would still be oppressing themselves for so called “cac” activities
If a rice cac, avocado picker, sun dodger and swamp thing hijabs hate it
That means you doing something right
Stop being scary:childplease:

Bigblackted4

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Eastcleveland
And:skip:
Nerd culture and fandom has always been anti black
The shyt I read after Punk won Evo
If you still believing white people like you like that :Kd:
This is greatest era for young black nerds
Both male and female
The 90s and 00s:mjpls:
If it wasn’t for Pharrell and the Neptunes
A lot of nikkas would still be oppressing themselves for so called “cac” activities
If a rice cac, avocado picker, sun dodger and swamp thing hijabs hate it
That means you doing something right
Stop being scary:childplease:
Lupe and Kanye for my generation too

Ripp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Queens
I don’t know how he’s managed to keep his core group intact but that’s really his superpower. As long as he has them, sky’s the limit for breh.

They grew up together. Except one dude named Jon who they met after they were already on but he's apart of the fam now too.

And one member left a few years back (Ben) and he came back. There was never any beef reported or anything.

And I know alot of dudes grew up together but having fall outs but they already established and agreed from the jump that Mark is the leader. He is the chief they are the indians.... and they Indian the fukk out of their roles.

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They grew up together. Except one dude named Jon who they met after they were already on but he's apart of the fam now too.

And one member left a few years back (Ben) and he came back. There was never any beef reported or anything.

And I know alot of dudes grew up together but having fall outs but they already established and agreed from the jump that Mark is the leader. He is the chief they are the indians.... and they Indian the fukk out of their roles.

They didn't really grow up together. Mark and Affiong were the first ones and the rest were loosely tied in high school. Dylan and Ben went to school together but didn't know each other. Leland and Dylan were best friend and Leland is Mark's cousin.

Ben only left because he wanted to go to college.

For all the love they get on anime talk. Their skits about being fast food employees/ working at Walgreens was the funniest

Most of their content isn't anime or nerd centric. Them covering all bases is why they're so successful.

Ripp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Queens
They didn't really grow up together. Mark and Affiong were the first ones and the rest were loosely tied in high school. Dylan and Ben went to school together but didn't know each other. Leland and Dylan were best friend and Leland is Mark's cousin.

Ben only left because he wanted to go to college.

Most of their content isn't anime or nerd centric. Them covering all bases is why they're so successful.

From Highschool age to 30 (oldest members) is growing up together. Even ages 20-30 is growing up together. I'm not about to debate their origins though. Desmond and Mark went to middle school/highschool together and have stories literally together getting in fights and at a house party almost getting shot. And if Leland and Dylan are best friends and Leland is Mark's cousin... of course hes gonna be around Mark. Aff lived on the sam block as mark. They knew Ben but he wasnt around all the time. Him and Aff were in the same college and dropped out at the same time. So when Aff came back to where Mark was at he told Ben to come too. Idk where they met him but they definitely knew him and knew of him. I think they went to rival highschools. :yeshrug: