How come there ain't no black people on Krypton?

ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA

Return of the Khryst
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA
bill-and-ted-future-dudes.jpg

Daps
Reppin
NULL
They speak english because most people understand english and people in the US have some kind of hate for subtitles :yeshrug:

But its kinda funny, this thread. It's clearly just another bait thread about race and blabla but if you would've watched the movie you'd see Krypton was in shambles because of class/race war. In the movie verison of Krypton, people are born in to role depending on their bloodline and genes and Superman was the first natural born baby in many many years and didn't have his future set in stone. Zod was in this war to change this bloodline bullshyt but then we find out he doesn't want to make everbody equal, he wants to control the bloodlines himself.

still didn't see any black people. my point is not about whether or not black people MIGHT exist on Kypton. I just have a problem with the white power paradigm in hollywood in which even on alien planets all we see are white faces. it adds to the mythology of white supremacy. that even on alien worlds, black faces are not to be seen and only white faces are in power.

its straight up bullshyt and as a black person, thats something that offended me. either create truly alien worlds which have almost no resemblence to humans. or if you gonna do the aliens look like humans route then have em look like ALL of us. not just one group of us.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Why do we need Black Kryptonians? I'm all for racial equality but why do we gotta throw in brothas on a planet that got blown up?

you must be white.

the issue ain't about the need for black folks to be on krypton. the issue is why are there only white faces everywhere we look in the media? usually when hollywood makes movies about real places and people they can use the excuse that they're trying to be as realistic as possible which is why there are no black faces in the movie (though these seems to not matter as much when the movie is about Ancient Egypt...see Exodus). But whats the excuse for there being no black people on krypton? why is it that even on a make believe fictional planet the only faces we see are white.

i can suspend belief watching movies. i can live with an alien world which for some reason has people that look like humans and speak english. i can understand why hollywood would do that. however, the fact they made EVERYONE from that world is white just goes to show how white supremacy pervades hollywood. that even in a make believe world they can't imagine black faces being in any role of power or priviledge. that even on krypton, the faces of the generals and leaders will ALL be white.

thats white supremacy 101 and every black person should have a problem with that.

StraxStrax

I'm selling these fine leather jackets
Daps
still didn't see any black people. my point is not about whether or not black people MIGHT exist on Kypton. I just have a problem with the white power paradigm in hollywood in which even on alien planets all we see are white faces. it adds to the mythology of white supremacy. that even on alien worlds, black faces are not to be seen and only white faces are in power.

its straight up bullshyt and as a black person, thats something that offended me. either create truly alien worlds which have almost no resemblence to humans. or if you gonna do the aliens look like humans route then have em look like ALL of us. not just one group of us.

Personally I don't really care about this because its a fictional planet, with Exodus its different and I can understand why people have a problem with it. Maybe I'm just too much into movies but I've never thought about an actors race unless it's a plot point :yeshrug:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Personally I don't really care about this because its a fictional planet, with Exodus its different and I can understand why people have a problem with it. Maybe I'm just too much into movies but I've never thought about an actors race unless it's a plot point :yeshrug:

the fact its a fictional planet makes it worse. at least with shyt like Exodus they can argue that they simply don't believe the Ancient Egyptians were black people. there are many people who believe that. and it might be a halfaway legit defense.

HOWEVER, the fact that they refuse to have any black faces even in a fictional world like Krypton is more offensive IMO. because what it means is that these crakkkas can't even IMAGINE that black people could exist in an advanced society like Krypton let alone be in its leadership.

its white supremacy 101. and black folks should have a problem with hollywood continuing to perpetuate it.

Daps
Reppin
NYC

look at the bright side, the kryptonian council was highly corrupt and highly incompetant which led to their own demise. perhaps it is best that black people were not represented.

everyone knows a bunch of old white men rule the country anyway.

SuperNintendo Chalmers

Send it to the friggin moon idiot
Daps
Reppin
My goddamn self. Shout out to my real Africans
the fact its a fictional planet makes it worse. at least with shyt like Exodus they can argue that they simply don't believe the Ancient Egyptians were black people. there are many people who believe that. and it might be a halfaway legit defense.

HOWEVER, the fact that they refuse to have any black faces even in a fictional world like Krypton is more offensive IMO. because what it means is that these crakkkas can't even IMAGINE that black people could exist in an advanced society like Krypton let alone be in its leadership.

its white supremacy 101. and black folks should have a problem with hollywood continuing to perpetuate it.

But it's not, Chiek Anta Diop disproved that the Egyptians were white more than 40 years ago. The Exodus movie is a blatant white washing and historically/intellectually dishonest narrative.

Jhoon

Spontaneous Mishaps and Hijinks
Daps
There are many film franchises where black folks are non existent.