How come bw in the industry dn't start record labels?

Henri Christophe

Son Of Afrika
Daps
Reppin
NYC / Royaume d'Haïti
And those black men are under contracts with white men

nikkas thirsty for that bag.

White men come thru with that big advance and they take it.

I cant judge Drake for signing if Universal offered him 100 million.

I cant judge Future for signing if Epic offered him 50 million.

I cant judge Birdman for signing if Universal offered him 1 billion.

BaggerofTea

Veteran
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Imma say some shyt that is going to sound foul but.......

Women are not builders, they arent thinking about running a business.

Why do you think it was a mostly women leading the "oscars so white" initiative instead of just building their own reward show context.

Women are looking for seats at an existing table, they arent trying to build their own.

Make sense because child rearing and the lack of testosterone sort of dictate that

FeverPitch2

Superstar
Daps
Imma say some shyt that is going to sound foul but.......

Women are not builders, they arent thinking about running a business.

Why do you think it was a mostly women leading the "oscars so white" initiative instead of just building their own reward show context.

Women are looking for seats at an existing table, they arent trying to build their own.

Make sense because child rearing and the lack of testosterone sort of dictate that
You said it. Not me.
But it's true.
Women's idea of entrepreneurship is taking a slo-mo IG video of them walking towards the camera wearing a white pantsuit with no shirt and no bra underneath and big ass sunglasses.
I'm describing a scene from an actual video I saw on IG.
When you ask em what their business idea is, they end up talkin about selling dresses like Jody or some other shyt glamor related.
They don't talk about manufacturing textiles.

It's the same reason you have mostly male producers in music and mostly male directors in film.
When you try to entice women to get into these fields, they resist.
For some reason, creatng infrastructure doesn't appeal to them.
Whenever a sister starts crowing about "Black women are the most educated and own the most businesses, etc",
I ask em "Well, where is all this money in the community? Why are Black people still fukked up in the game?"

This is not a condemnation of women, it's just reality.
Now if you have a business, the right woman working for you will get and keep your shyt poppin.
They're like athletes in that they excel in the right system.
The drudgery of building and running a business is not their ministry.

#BOTHSIDES

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
The Chi
I'm sure someone can highlight an example of it happening, but in comparison to bm in the industry bw are light-years behind in that regard.

It seems like the majority of the top bm rap stars(post 2000 especially) started they're own record label n put other bm n bw on.

With th all the complaining that bw do about representation in the industry I'm surprised they don't start their own labels. Bm in the industry have put on more bw than other bw have.

N top bm music stars also tend to Collab with up n coming n underground bm music artists in ways that bw don't when it comes to collabing with new or underground bw music artists, I don't get that.
Is it just man/woman nature or something else?

she didn't have her lawyers look over that contract ?? :lupe: :francis::whoo: