How come bw in the industry dn't start record labels?

Enjoyin Myself

ME>u... Never forget that.
Daps
I'm sure someone can highlight an example of it happening, but in comparison to bm in the industry bw are light-years behind in that regard.

It seems like the majority of the top bm rap stars(post 2000 especially) started they're own record label n put other bm n bw on.

With th all the complaining that bw do about representation in the industry I'm surprised they don't start their own labels. Bm in the industry have put on more bw than other bw have.

N top bm music stars also tend to Collab with up n coming n underground bm music artists in ways that bw don't when it comes to collabing with new or underground bw music artists, I don't get that.
Is it just man/woman nature or something else?

Fill Collins

I like the one that says shum pulp
Daps
Same thing with the WNBA: I most likely wouldn't listen or give them a single chance, especially if I was bored

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
Yeah, this place claims to be a hip hop forum, but I can't tell.

Shame you had to point out that the big push that propelled hip hop forward was from a label started by a Black woman. Without Sugar Hill Records and the success of Rapper's Delight, would hip hop have ever branched out of NYC?

50CentStan

Allahu Akbar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Ummah!
We gotta start holding these dudes signing these goofy hoes accountable. Gotti trippin. Like fbTI with iggy. Shameful

FeverPitch2

Superstar
Daps
Yeah, this place claims to be a hip hop forum, but I can't tell.

Shame you had to point out that the big push that propelled hip hop forward was from a label started by a Black woman. Without Sugar Hill Records and the success of Rapper's Delight, would hip hop have ever branched out of NYC?
Sylvia was in business with her husband Joe and their shadow partner Morris Levy, a Mafioso who haunted the music industry for decades.
Sylvia and her husband fukked over all of their artists with super shady deals.

Superstar
Daps
competition?

honestly a lot of ladies seem to need a male co-sign / association and signing to a guy gives her that.