How can you justify saying Messi is better than Ronaldo?

julesocean

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
main-qimg-1408e70c8ede23bbc22f46b05c8735ce.webp

main-qimg-b31d00f74f14072fa4098d38f608b0f6.webp

main-qimg-2268029ee8867a5012f7780398cc301e.webp

Messi has greater individual ability, and versatility, and doesn't just poach goals like Ronaldo. As a creator no one touches Messi.

Better passer, better dribbler, a hockey comparison, Ronaldo is Ovechkin, lethal goal scorer, Messi is Crosby, the guy who is gonna help your Ovechkin's be able to get a chance off.

Anyone that thinks Ronaldo is a better player, or a better player to be the foundation of your team, is a beer drinking casual tbh.

Jermio

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
As a Cristiano fan, it's actually a hard question. Messi is the most naively brilliant player ever. If there's no pressure, if he has good teammates like Iniesta, etc. his production is unmatched. Cristiano has impressed me more under serious duress, so I'm a bigger fan of CR7. But Messi is a genius. His dribbling against a defense is something to watch (but watch Hazard and look how little they mention him). But Messi on some level is just Kevin De Bruyne with more support and less injuries. He's not a leader like Ronaldo. Messi is more creative, but not as deadly. Messi is like a Steve Nash/Curry/Wade mix, CR7 is like a Shaq/MJ/Kobe mix.

LeMAO

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
St
I stopped following soccer a few years ago but the general consensus back then was Messi was a lot better.

What happened?
Still the same, football pundits will still pick Messi over Ronaldo but if you ask social media of course they will pick the Atletes that equal to the Kardashians :russ:

LeMAO

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
As a Cristiano fan, it's actually a hard question. Messi is the most naively brilliant player ever. If there's no pressure, if he has good teammates like Iniesta, etc. his production is unmatched. Cristiano has impressed me more under serious duress, so I'm a bigger fan of CR7. But Messi is a genius. His dribbling against a defense is something to watch. But Messi on some level is just Kevin De Bruyne with more support and less injuries. He's not a leader like Ronaldo.
2Ucp.gif

Jermio

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

What? This nikka had a supporting cast and they couldn't get it done. I thought Messi was the best Argentinian at the 2014 Olympics, but they could have won. How does he consistently do worse than Ronaldo if the odds are remotely equal. Put Ronaldo on Barca with Iniesta and Xavi and I wonder which team would win La Liga more?

Jermio

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don’t follow soccer but it was explained to me that CR7=Kobe, meaning a great finesse player and scorer, & Mess=Bron, better all around player.

I’ll take Messi every time :yeshrug:

It's more twisted than that. It's more like a Djokovic/Nadal situation than anything in Basketball/Soccer. Except Federer is the GOAT. :mjlol: