How can former minor league baseball players have college eligibility?

Bilz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
How did Chris Weinke, John David Booty, Drew Hensen, and Brandon Wheden have college eligibility after receiving money to play baseball? I'm just curious how the NCAA has a rule that allows that but condemn basketball players for accepting a Happy Meal :wtb:

For the same reason that guys that worked at McDonald's in high school can still play college football. You can have pro status as long as it has nothing to do with the sport you want to play at an amateur level in college.

MegaTronBomb!

Power is in my hair nikka
Daps
Reppin
From The Westside With Love
john david booty never played pro baseball,that's his brother that did

Besides, wienke,weeden and josh booty played baseball before enrolling at their schools to play football

MegaTronBomb!

Power is in my hair nikka
Daps
Reppin
From The Westside With Love
You cant do it at the same time. He was on the football team while getting paid to ski. The baseball players stop playing baseball when they start playing football

It wasn't that he was getting paid to ski, it was because he was getting endorsements.

they ruled that he wouldn't be eligible for college sports while taking endorsements.

being a olympic skier and getting endorsements>>>>>>>> being a long shot at the NFL/ special teams lifer if you make it.

he obviously made the right choice.