How can former minor league baseball players have college eligibility?

avon barksdale

i want my corners
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore Prison
How did Chris Weinke, John David Booty, Drew Hensen, and Brandon Wheden have college eligibility after receiving money to play baseball? I'm just curious how the NCAA has a rule that allows that but condemn basketball players for accepting a Happy Meal :wtb:

Karume

All Star
Daps
those players did not(that we know of) receive money for baseball while playing amateur baseball. essentially receiving money for baseball only causes you to lose eligibility in baseball, not ALL sports.

Schmoove

All Star
Daps
those players did not(that we know of) receive money for baseball while playing amateur baseball. essentially receiving money for baseball only causes you to lose eligibility in baseball, not ALL sports.

What kinda monkey shyt is that?! :childplease:

Majestic Pape

The-Coli = W SOHH = L
Daps
How did Chris Weinke, John David Booty, Drew Hensen, and Brandon Wheden have college eligibility after receiving money to play baseball? I'm just curious how the NCAA has a rule that allows that but condemn basketball players for accepting a Happy Meal :wtb:

A basketball player could play minor league baseball too and maintain eligibiliy for basketball.:yeshrug:

concise

Veteran
Daps

:what:

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
That is some bullshyt. So someone can play damn baseball get paid but a player can't see his own shyt for fukk the NCAA.

Karume

All Star
Daps

not my most concise phrasing I will admit. essentially you can maintain eligibility for a sport as long as you dont get paid to pay that particular sport in a professional capacity.

is that easier to understand?

Karume

All Star
Daps
a cat can get paid for another sport but cant sell his own likeness

in your example though that player selling his likeness is profiting off of the sport he is an amateur in. in essence the only reason anyone would buy his likeness is because he is a player. since he is making money essentially for that sport (or the fame based on the playing of that sport) he can't be an amateur and therefore potentially loses eligibility.

likewise the minor league baseball player is making money for that sport he loses eligibility, like the player mentioned previously.

the only possible differentiation that I see is whether a football player in the situation of example 1 loses ALL athletic eligibility or only for football. on that point I am unclear.

Absolut

Legal Bookie
Daps
Reppin
Las Vegas
so how did jeremy bloom get booted from football for snowboarding, while toim zbikowski was a-ok to profit from his boxing career while playing college football?

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
so how did jeremy bloom get booted from football for snowboarding, while toim zbikowski was a-ok to profit from his boxing career while playing college football?

The NCAA I guess said his fight was ok with their guidelines.

As for Bloom, I don't know why. It definitely became an issue when he went to the Olympics, probably cuz of endorsements.

MegaTronBomb!

Power is in my hair nikka
Daps
Reppin
From The Westside With Love

He got booted from both his ski and football teams,cause he was racing as a professional at the same time..and taking endorsements.

had he axed all his endorsements he would've maintained his eligibility.