How Asian-American Leaders Are Grappling With Xenophobia Amid Coronavirus vs Black History

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
His arguments are no different from Matt Stevens, who was trying to create a false historical narrative. Where the very few setbacks Asians had, he's trying to write into Black history as a comparative group.
no he didn't, and no he isnt

I am not ADOS, but you have my full support!
Do you live in America?

Ish Gibor

Omnipresence
Daps
no he didn't, and no he isnt

If you say so, but I do think so. He posted this video, and it shows that Asians had it relatively good. Even their median income was higher than that of whites. No need to say that Blacks were poorer than both groups. You know the data by Yvette. So this means that Asians weren't financially targeted, or at least not like Black people. As we know by now, it's all about targeting Black people financially and criminalizing Black lives. That has been the continuous goal by WS.

Carole E. Hill, Patricia D. Beaver, Cultural Diversity in the U.S. South, Anthropological Contributions to a Region

Do you live in America?

No, I do not. I am living overseas.

1) I have family in the States.
2) As a child and during my young adolescent years I grew up amongst Black Americans.

The case he brought is weak, and cannot be compared to Black Americans history. That is the argument I am making.

Last edited:

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
I know that history. The issue is that most Asians aren't not the descendants of these people. Most came after the civil rights era into the America. What is being done here is, using Black suffering to write oneself into the history. Laws, legislation and Acts that have been set specifically against Black people. That fact that this old group became the middle group between Blacks and whites tells it all, that right there shows that they weren't treated in the same horrible ways. They were touched somewhat, since there aren't white. But not by far to the amount that Black people have been targeted. Your argument is, targeted is targeted, 2% or 100%. So both groups have suffered the same , right".

agreed

As @IllmaticDelta said Asians were discriminated against no doubt, they just received the soft blows from it.

this

Now if they comparing their history with ours, or are trying to inflate their struggle as equal to ADOS they full of it.

exactly

3rdWorld

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Asians are the worlds biggest copy cats and fraudsters..they will unashamedly hijack your centuries long efforts and ride them into the sunset.

Ish Gibor

Omnipresence
Daps
Asians are the worlds biggest copy cats and fraudsters..they will unashamedly hijack your centuries long efforts and ride them into the sunset.

Never looked at it that way. It's indeed a form of bootlegging. Bootlegging history. :snoop:

3rdWorld

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Never looked at it that way. It's indeed a form of bootlegging. Bootlegging history. :snoop:

A good bootlegger is still a good bootlegger..:ehh:
They didn't invent the camera, cellphone or TV etc but ended up running with it till they beat the actual originators..:picard:

Now everyone thinks the Japs invented all that shyt :russ:

Fanservice

Bih call me senpai
Daps
Eh.. nobody pays attention to Asians like that. They bow their heads to whites and quietly play the background characters in America as to not upset them.

teacher

All Star
Daps
All minorities have suffered under cacs in Amerikkka, what sets blacks apart are we didn’t choose to come here and those that do are viewed the same as those who had no choice.

Ish Gibor

Omnipresence
Daps
All minorities have suffered under cacs in Amerikkka, what sets blacks apart are we didn’t choose to come here and those that do are viewed the same as those who had no choice.

The term "minority" is highly problematic. And Black Americans are the only group who continuously systemically have been targeted. There is not one decennium in American history that Black America has been unbothered as a racial target.

"Isabel Wilkerson, journalist and author of "The Warmth of Other Suns: The Epic Story of America's Great Migration," speaks at Yale as a Poynter Fellow in Journalism. The event was co-sponsored by the Department of African American Studies. Inspired by her own parents' migration, Wilkerson devoted 15 years researching and writing her first book, "The Warmth of Other Suns." The book chronicles the stories of a sharecropper's wife, a laborer and a surgeon who were among the six million black Americans that fled the American South during the Great Migration between World War I and the 1970s. It is the story of how the northern cities evolve as a result of the migration, of the music and culture that might not have existed had these individuals not left the South in search of new beginnings."

Last edited:

Tom Foolery

You're using way too many napkins.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boardwalk and Park Place
The time for talking is over. :yeshrug:

This is fukking retarded. No minority group has experienced anything close to what AA have in America.

Virtuous_Brotha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Wasn't they originally considered white?
The Chinese were white, until white men called them yellow
How did East Asians come to be referred to as yellow-skinned? It was the result of a series of racial mappings of the world and had nothing to do with the actual colour of people’s skin.

In fact, when complexion was mentioned by an early Western traveller or missionary or ambassador (and it very often wasn’t, because skin colour as a racial marker was not fully in place until the 19th century), East Asians were almost always called white, particularly during the period of first modern contact in the 16th century. And on a number of occasions, even more revealingly, the people were termed “as white as we are”.

The term yellow occasionally began to appear towards the end of the 18th century and then really took hold of the Western imagination in the 19th. But by the 17th century, the Chinese and Japanese were “darkening” in published texts, gradually losing their erstwhile whiteness when it became clear they would remain unwilling to participate in European systems of trade, religion, and international relations.

Daps
Maybe it's because I come from the West Coast so I know the history, but the Chinese in particular were treated like shyt on the coast. Chinese workers basically built the railway system: Op-Ed: Remember the Chinese immigrants who built America's first transcontinental railroad

And as one example of a race riot towards Chinese folks in Seattle, white folks burned down Chinese homes and chased them back up off the water and into the hills: Seattle’s Anti-Chinese Race Riot—February 7, 1886: The Day Seattle Imploded | International Examiner

Obviously, there were multiple Exclusion Acts passed to target Chinese immigration to the U.S.

I'm not caping for Chinese people or anything, and obviously black Americans have had it worse than any Asian community here, but there are numerous race riots toward Asians in America on the West Coast.

Obviously, you've got Japanese Internment as well. So there is history there. It's just that when white people are worried that they'll be outnumbered, they'll accept compliant and complicit Asians into their group in order to keep their boots on the necks of black folks.