How Advance were African Civilizations before European Colonialism??

Axolotl

Banned
Daps
???

And what was the main downfall in the colonialism of South America and Africa??

africa.jpg

Sbp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
At the start of colonialism we weren't at our peaks anymore. What caused the downfall was most African nations were behind in the technology game. I know there was a bunch of in fighting but I think not being on par with the rest of the world tech wise was a bigger chink in our armor.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
???

And what was the main downfall in the colonialism of South America and Africa??

africa.jpg
The two questions are somewhat related. Europe was able to advance because of the revenue from their colonies in the Americas.
From roughly early 1500s to the late 1800s...commerce generated by plantation economies and other industries in these colonies are what fueled the scientific & military advancements in Europe. First directly, and then through trade once these colonies became independent.
The relative isolation of African nation states during that time kept them from advancing in science and warfare the way the Euros did. When Euros decided to come in and carve up the continent, Africans were unable to match their weapons/technology.

Downfall of colonialism in S.A. was Simon Bolivar,really.

BlackJesus

Spread science, save with coupons
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
The two questions are somewhat related. Europe was able to advance because of the revenue from their colonies in the Americas.
From roughly early 1500s to the late 1800s...commerce generated by plantation economies and other industries in these colonies are what fueled the scientific & military advancements in Europe. First directly, and then through trade once these colonies became independent.
The relative isolation of African nation states during that time kept them from advancing in science and warfare the way the Euros did. When Euros decided to come in and carve up the continent, Africans were unable to match their weapons/technology.

Really it was only one technology that made the most difference: gunpowder.

There were African societies with all or most of the innovations Europeans had except that.

GrindtooFilthy

World Class SuperVillain
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA, CT, NH
At the start of colonialism we weren't at our peaks anymore. What caused the downfall was most African nations were behind in the technology game. I know there was a bunch of in fighting but I think not being on par with the rest of the world tech wise was a bigger chink in our armor.
Only thing cacs had against us was gun powder which they took from china. If it wasn't for guns we were actually neck in neck in terms of technology we knew of blacksmithing and used that in our art while cacs decided to trade the mason pick for the sword

GrindtooFilthy

World Class SuperVillain
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA, CT, NH

Even with guns some ethnostates were able to take them down through guerrilla warfare

Sbp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
Only thing cacs had against us was gun powder which they took from china. If it wasn't for guns we were actually neck in neck in terms of technology we knew of blacksmithing and used that in our art while cacs decided to trade the mason pick for the sword
What about shipbuilding and navigation ?

C L O N E*0690//////
Daps
Reppin
uptXwn***///***///
What is you talking about my guy they raped the land, assasinated our leaders, set up coups
they couldn't have done that without cooperation

you think they washed up on foreign soil with no knowledge of the land or people with no food many of them sick as dogs & just told everyone lay down¿

african leaders let them in thinking of profit & in the process the majority got fukked over

they try and paint it like they g.checked the world when that's not the case

Jammer22

All Star
Daps
Honestly, I think the inability to get rid of traitors and accomplices to White nations was major downfall.

You had people in kingdoms selling off their political rivals, not negotiating better trade deals, spies, and what not running around. This tells me in many places that the native kings or queens authority was weak and corruption was high.

BlackJesus

Spread science, save with coupons
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos

Yup.

African societies demonstrated use of:

-Iron working
-Universities (Timbuktu)
-Ship building (Swahili)
- Castles/Palace building (Ethiopia, Nubia, Swahili)

List goes on and on.

Literally almost everything the Europeans had existed somewhere in Africa.

The slander of Europeans toward black civilizations is completely unfounded. They based it off of some dusty tribes they encountered on the coasts. Africa is a HUGE continent.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
Even with guns some ethnostates were able to take them down through guerrilla warfare
I didn't say that people didn't resist the colonization, I said they couldn't match the weapons/technology. Some people are well documented for resisting throughout the entire colonization period, but with 1 or 2 exceptions....Euro flags flew over the entire continent during that era.