Houston, We Have Rule Changes! The Official 2023 MLB Season Thread

VegetasHairline

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
CACS
Since Spring Training is underway, I figured I'd make the thread. If anyone can come up with a better thread title, I'm up for ideas.

Last edited:

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
giphy.gif

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Ichiro is up there with the greatest pure hitters to ever play baseball.

And I'm a believer that a lot of the guys who were mostly contact hitters COULD HAVE hit for power if they wanted to. I think it was only a philosophical difference that led to them shying away from going for more HRs.

That doesn't mean that every slap hitter could have hit home runs.

Luis Castillo (the 2B with the Marlins and Mets) would never have been a good power guy despite hitting .290 for his career.

I do firmly believe that Ichiro, Boggs, and Gwynn could have hit for more power if they wanted to, though.
Maybe Pete Rose a little.

I don't think Carew could have, though.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yankees media is already trying to hype up Anthony Volpe as the next Derek Jeter.

Good grief. I root for his franchise but I really do hate everything around them that isn't the players. The media, the hype...it's fukkin unbearable.

I'm low key a fan of some small market teams and I really wish the Royals and Pirates would get good again.

chineebai

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ichiro is up there with the greatest pure hitters to ever play baseball.

And I'm a believer that a lot of the guys who were mostly contact hitters COULD HAVE hit for power if they wanted to. I think it was only a philosophical difference that led to them shying away from going for more HRs.

That doesn't mean that every slap hitter could have hit home runs.

Luis Castillo (the 2B with the Marlins and Mets) would never have been a good power guy despite hitting .290 for his career.

I do firmly believe that Ichiro, Boggs, and Gwynn could have hit for more power if they wanted to, though.
Maybe Pete Rose a little.

I don't think Carew could have, though.
Ichiro used to hit bombs during batting practice effortlessly. My favorite ichiro home run was bottom 9th against Rivera

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Ichiro used to hit bombs during batting practice effortlessly. My favorite ichiro home run was bottom 9th against Rivera
Really? The one HR you loved about him HAD TO BE the one against the Yankees? And against Rivera of all people?

200w.gif