Houston TX thread

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
Was gonna go to Teotihuacan on Fondren but the ole lady wanted a higher quality food so we went to Escalantes in Meyerland.
I prefer the "hole in the wall" places than the expensive joints but.. Still got margaritas and enchiladas :ahh:

Teotihuacan has some good food as well. Ninfa's quality has gone down. Escalantes is good but I would hit up Lopez would be my next choice before that one.

Boy C

SPC
Daps
Teotihuacan has some good food as well. Ninfa's quality has gone down. Escalantes is good but I would hit up Lopez would be my next choice before that one.

Sounds like you know your Mexican joints :salute:

Raava

Staff member
Daps
All this talk about mexican food makes me want a margarita :bryan:

so bad.

Amy Traphouse

Supporter
Daps
I got that "I know her :lupe:" stare at work today :skip:. shyt weirds me out a bit cuz I never know them or where they might know me.

Seems like everyday this town gets smaller and the degrees of separation are real as fcuk. I need to get away soon...

Amy Traphouse

Supporter
Daps
Was gonna go to Teotihuacan on Fondren but the ole lady wanted a higher quality food so we went to Escalantes in Meyerland.
I prefer the "hole in the wall" places than the expensive joints but.. Still got margaritas and enchiladas :ahh:
I don't remember names but the best messican food I've ever gotten was from hole in the wall joints. It's a spot off Fallbrook and 45 that had the best beef skewers or alambres :noah:. I've yet to find a spot that even serves them yet alone makes them as good.

Oh yeah and chachos is the shyt! I can't say anything bad about their food and the condiment bar is on point.

I've been hearing about Cyclone Anayas too. Any word on it or is it just the trendy new overpriced spot to go?

Boy C

SPC
Daps
I don't remember names but the best messican food I've ever gotten was from hole in the wall joints. It's a spot off Fallbrook and 45 that had the best beef skewers or alambres :noah:. I've yet to find a spot that even serves them yet alone makes them as good.

Oh yeah and chachos is the shyt! I can't say anything bad about their food and the condiment bar is on point.

I've been hearing about Cyclone Anayas too. Any word on it or is it just the trendy new overpriced spot to go?

Chachos! :myman:

That's some good ass shyt breh. A different style of food maybe? More "fast food" like Taco Cabana maybe? I love their food though! :noah:

Them Black & White tacos (black refried beans with melted white cheese) :ooh:

Shredded chicken burrito "dirty style" with chili con queso poured everywhere :ohlawd:

Love their salsa bar too. Might be the best around... that very hot orange salsa :whew:

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown

Chachos is GOAT drunk or after the club at 3am type food. Wouldn't be my first choice for tex mex if that is what I was craving.

Cyclone Anaya's is more of a chill, hangout, be sociable spot(Midtown location, wouldn't recommend visiting any other location) Food and drinks are decent but doesn't compare to the random hole in the wall spots. And people been on Anaya's for years, it ain't new, I've been hitting it up ever so often on a Friday night for at least 5 years.