House Of The Dragon - Season 2 - Official Thread 6/16 (NO SPOILERS)

Where does your allegiance lie?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702
1. So let's just say fukk exploring what happens in the fallout of basically a nuke being dropped. Sure...let's just jet forward to the next battle :comeon:

2. Plotting is how wars are actually won. Battles are the culmination of plot falling apart. If you plot well, you don't have to fight. Did ya'll learning nothing from Littlefinger, Tyrion, etc.

3. Daemon wasn't SENT to Harrenhal he LEFT. The Blacks can only hope he's raising banners for Rhae, but he ain't. His storyline isn't just about Harrenhal's curse. It's about how Daemon's arrogance and selfishness, how his marriage to Rhae, in his mind, is merely a means to claim the throne for himself. But the Black council doesn't know that, so she sent dude to find out.

4. Rook's Rest was a gambit that worked for Greens and would have been a total victory had it not been for Aegon. Either way, the attack HAD to be answered and Melys was the best option. 1v1 perhaps Melys COULDA won against Vhagar, but we'll never know. For what the Green's gained in land, they lost in morale. The commoners DO NOT like seeing dead Dragons and the king is on death's door.
1. Wtf are you even saying here?
2. These incestuous criggas are bad at plotting wars, cept apparently aemond
3. I didn't say Daemon was sent there, I said she could've sent that nikka to fetch him sooner considering they knew rhae and melys weren't capable of killing Vhagar
4. nikka they already KNEW melys couldn't take Vhagar alone. You just gonna erase a whole exchange betwixt rhae and daemon???

Now I see why Targset got washed. These inbred motherfukkers have no tactical ability

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
Been watching GOT all these years and never actually knew wtf "The Andals" actually were:

The original homeland of the Andals was a region on the west coast of Essos called Andalos, located north of the modern Free City of Pentos. Six thousand years ago, after allegedly receiving visions from the "Seven-faced God", the Andals were spurred on by their new Faith to migrate to Westeros, where they overran and conquered most of the continent, which was then inhabited by the First Men. The Andals brought the concept of chivalry and the manufacture of iron-wrought weapons and armor with them from Essos.

In many cases the Andals intermarried with the populations of First Men that they conquered. Still, the overwhelming influence on the gene pool of the continent is from the Andals, to the point that the Seven Kingdoms are often called "the Land of the Andals" by peoples in Essos (such as the Dothraki).

The exceptions are the North, which the Andals never conquered and where the blood of the First Men is still strong, and Dorne, where the Andal inhabitants later intermingled with the refugees from the east.[2]

The Andals did conquer the Iron Islands as they did the rest of southern Westeros, but these Andal families acculturated to the unique Ironborn society on the islands, even going so far as to convert to the local religion of the Drowned God. Thus while some Andal bloodlines were introduced to the Iron Islands, the cultural impact of their invasion was relatively minor.

GRRM must've been on some good ass dope with as deep/complex/intricate as this whole fuccking book series is. Not even mad at dude for never finishing them books. This is an insane amount of shyt for one man to come up with.

The way I see it, it's not quite as original as it looks at first because I think he's just basically taking names from English history and altering them a little:
Andals = Anglo-Saxons ... just BARELY changed the name from "Anglos"
Essos = Mainland Europe
Westeros = Britain
First Men = prehistoric British inhabitants
Aegon the Conqueror = William the Conqueror
Tagaryans = Normans

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
The way I see it, it's not quite as original as it looks at first because I think he's just basically taking names from English history and altering them a little:
Andals = Anglo-Saxons ... just BARELY changed the name from "Anglos"
Essos = Mainland Europe
Westeros = Britain
First Men = prehistoric British inhabitants
Aegon the Conqueror = William the Conqueror
Tagaryans = Normans

Apparently, a great deal of his inspiration came from this "War of Roses"

Also, some Spain & France history as well. And George himself has said that Aegon The Unworthy was based on Henry VIII.

There is also a book called "Iron, Fire & Ice" that touches on some of the other real life inspirations.

That being said, man still has a brain on him no matter what he "filled the lines in" with to go through and extensively give so many characters so much background spanning hundreds of years.

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
GSj17CeXkAA_XIK

CROM

Pray. I will not listen, but I will laugh at you
Daps
Reppin
Valhalla
Why everyone calling the blacksmith a potential dragon rider? Is it because of the white hair? Regular non targs dont have white hair as well? :dahell:
Not all Targs have white hair in the books. Rhaenys was supposed to have black hair. She’s half Baratheon.

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
Not all Targs have white hair in the books. Rhaenys was supposed to have black hair. She’s half Baratheon.
What I was asking with that post was is it possible for a person to have white hair and not be a targ.
I sorta asked it in a fukked up way :manny:

CROM

Pray. I will not listen, but I will laugh at you
Daps
Reppin
Valhalla
What I was asking with that post was is it possible for a person to have white hair and not be a targ.
I sorta asked it in a fukked up way :manny:
Got you. I think the white/silver hair is an old Valyrian trait. That’s why Corlys has white hair. So yeah…its possible.

Mazino

All Star
Daps
Daemon is not fit to rule at all, just a blunt instrument. Kind of dude to wait decades to be King only to die within his first month because he can't do basic politics.

Nice to see Jace get his moment

Alicent still doesn't know the game, there's was no way you'd get accepted to rule.

For all the talk of dragons and war,.what some of these key players fail to grasp is how important the perception of those you rule over is to your reig/cause. Otto knew this very well, Cole's dumbass parading Meyles like that was some rookie shyt.