House Flipping Thread

Swirv

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Just saw that this was upped... I actively wholesale and flip, so I'll gladly answer any questions you guys have.

The biggest thing: FIND THE PROPERTIES. If you can figure that part out, you can be rich in a relatively short amount of time. The rest is easy.

Put up signs, make business cards, search public records, cold call, etc. there's a million different ways to identify properties that are distressed and under valued.
When you deal with owners and place your offer how much do you give them for earnest money? Also what do you do about showing an owner proof of funds or pre-approval from a lender?

Daps
Reppin
SoFla
When you deal with owners and place your offer how much do you give them for earnest money? Also what do you do about showing an owner proof of funds or pre-approval from a lender?

I'm in a little bit of a different situation because I own a title company. So it's easy for me to draft my own escrow letter and send it to the Sellers.

However, I have other investors that will send me $1,000 or $5,000 or how much ever they want to send and it essentially serves as a rolling deposit for any ongoing deals they're trying to get under contract. My advice would be to build a relationship with a title company that will let you do something similar and reach out to hard money lenders or transactional funding sources and let them know you may be interested in using them moving forward and they'll typically be fine with granting you a proof of funds because they know you'll actually be using that money from them if you sign the deal and eventually close.

Astroslik

Veteran
Daps
I'm in a little bit of a different situation because I own a title company. So it's easy for me to draft my own escrow letter and send it to the Sellers.

However, I have other investors that will send me $1,000 or $5,000 or how much ever they want to send and it essentially serves as a rolling deposit for any ongoing deals they're trying to get under contract. My advice would be to build a relationship with a title company that will let you do something similar and reach out to hard money lenders or transactional funding sources and let them know you may be interested in using them moving forward and they'll typically be fine with granting you a proof of funds because they know you'll actually be using that money from them if you sign the deal and eventually close.
Great advice

skyrunner1

Superstar
Daps
One of the best I've heard - 650 flips - mostly midwest

Man Biggerpockets changed soo much :heh:, really went corporate. Used to be on there over a decade ago, knew the owner Josh and all the main players over there, at time I dont even think he had real estate or in his words wasnt really good at it. Met up with him in Denver and all. But this thread is right up my alley, got started I guess most would call wholesaling, wholetail, have done rehabs and have invested in new construction, doing own now.

This episode touched on ALOT of things but some key standouts to me was people who do this type of stuff I always wonder what their source of data and how they put it together (gonna link another video where guy talk about data, got to hunt it down.), data is king but it has to be the right data AND displayed the presented the right way.

Also one of the first guys I knew who was doing something like this was Kent Clothier, he was marketing to investors in Cali and presenting them turnkey properties in Memphis, he also did 100s to 1000s of deals, he was one of those early internet marketers and pretty good at it (think david deangelo/eben pagan). He had masterminds and such and when you get out there you realize those properties were literally on just sitting on mls and you could buy with ease just because of how that local market is set up. Ohio is the same. Detroit they were GIVING away. Its hard to understand why you cant do 100 deals in your city unless they sit down and really break it down because deals arent sitting in markets like Cali, AZ, NY, FL. #1 thing is how you can source your deals, plus their margins are really thin which is why they were pulling Cali investors used to lower returns to get more out of it. The same numbers he said is same thing kent was doing.

Last he was talking about detroit and there is some brehs and brehettes doing land banking and doing well with that. In a sea of people tryna sell "the play" this breh channel really get real players and people actually making move$. Charles also got his own channel (the landbank show)

skyrunner1

Superstar
Daps
Have anyone here done wholeselling?
Just saw that this was upped... I actively wholesale and flip, so I'll gladly answer any questions you guys have.

The biggest thing: FIND THE PROPERTIES. If you can figure that part out, you can be rich in a relatively short amount of time. The rest is easy.

Put up signs, make business cards, search public records, cold call, etc. there's a million different ways to identify properties that are distressed and under valued.
Wasnt on site when this thread was started, good to see other brehs making moves on here, have done wholesale and flips also. Hacksaw is right at end of day its about getting your marketing on point and getting a deal flow, after that everything else is "simple" enough. You still in south florida market?

So did any of yall flip houses since the thread was made?
My main issue is finding GC I can trust and of course finding properties where the numbers work.
I'm thinking about just buying a house via traditional means and just renting it out so I can start building a portfolio
Looking for undervalued properties, you are completing against dudes who do it all day long and likely have cash to buy quickly (I'd have to get hard money loan)
Always looking for opportunities, was looking at some land and houses yesterday. Main way to find GC is network and drive around looking for other rehabs or new construction, or go to home depot 6am (real players in there EARLY to get they shyt and be at jobsite on time) if you got gift of gab talk to the people at the pro desk home depot they can point out some also. But referral is best way. I like pulling up to job also because I can look at the work and do a quality control RIGHT THERE.

skyrunner1

Superstar
Daps
There were a couple people I seen talking about Data and real estate. Neal Bawa is a syndicator and more in multifamily but you can adapt for your own strategy.

Ariel Herrera is a data scientist and also does it on single family and with Airbnb, good video. I would also say it is good to reach out to these people if possible, we live in a time where anybody is a DM away, its less successful than in past because of the noise or if they have HUGE followings but there are tons of people in this arena with small followings making moves and I would say they are better to connect with and increase your chances. Like anything its a numbers game, dont matter who says no as long as you link with people open to network.

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
Always looking for opportunities, was looking at some land and houses yesterday. Main way to find GC is network and drive around looking for other rehabs or new construction, or go to home depot 6am (real players in there EARLY to get they shyt and be at jobsite on time) if you got gift of gab talk to the people at the pro desk home depot they can point out some also. But referral is best way. I like pulling up to job also because I can look at the work and do a quality control RIGHT THERE.
Yea since I made that post I have found ways to source contractors, what you suggest are probably the main ways but I'll just add that going to specialized stores like plumbing stores or cabinet stores and asking employees there who is coming in buying consistently is another tip I heard

skyrunner1

Superstar
Daps
Anybody got anything cooking lately? This year been kinda crazy, feel like I am getting decent deal flow problem is moneyyyyy.. Which is complete opposite of what it used to be. Since these properties even in the hood are 500k+ you can have a home run deal and still have to put up like 10% if you doing hard money. Got my hands on a skinny deal that I bought majority cash, then a home run fell in my lap right after I close on the skinny deal I wouldnt have touched if it was flipped.. Secured the money on the home run recently but its a higher price point so even 10% + closing cost and upfront rehab is 6 fig outta pocket.. :francis:

Now got a couple more good deals I just came across and cotdam.. 700k exit can pick up for about 500k, rehab probably 60-70k. I havent seen the other yet.. This does not include the new construction stuff and apt building stuff I got into earlier this year.. shyt was just slow earlier this year, now its flipped and this market TO ME dont make any sense :lupe: At this point, its fukk it and ride the wave..