Horizon Zero Dawn | PS4/PC | Out Now

666 ReVeNGe 666

TROLL IS LIFE
Daps
I am so happy to hear that buying the collector's edition was worth it... buying a PlayStation 4 slim for $212 which included Uncharted 4 as a bundle was one of the best gaming decisions of my life.

I prefer PlayStation 4 over Xbox one now

N*ggerFa*ot

Banned
Daps
actually might get this day 1:ehh: though this game was gonna be a 7 but the reviews are very comforting.

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Holy shyt. I did not expect these reviews. You got me GG. :wow:

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
My concerns coming in are still there with them leaning too much on open world formula,which in the lesser reviews is exactly what it got knocked for.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
My concerns coming in are still there with them leaning too much on open world formula,which in the lesser reviews is exactly what it got knocked for.
I've heard the opposite that the pacing is like linear games but the world is open. It's probably just nitpicking if it's a small number of reviewers.

Edit: It's really only three mixed scores out of 68.

USgamer
Feb 20, 2017
Horizon Zero Dawn is disappointing. It has a story that I struggled to care about (complete with massive expository dumps—yay), a bland protagonist, and overtly repetitive and constraining missions that worked against its open world sensibilities. When Horizon Zero Dawn hit its rare strides—from its gloomy Cauldrons to traveling across its sprawling vistas—it only made me wish the rest of the game were as worthwhile.
This person sounds like they just simply didn't like the game which happens with every single game. I wouldn't take it as some sort of thing to be worried about.

It'd be like taking this review of TLOU as something to be concerned about:
Quarter to Three
Jun 13, 2013
There is no risk of failure in a game like this. There is only the risk of having the play the same section yet again. In a survival game, that’s anathema. A survival game without meaningful death isn’t a survival game. It’s just a game.
This is simply the typical special snowflake/elitist review/troll ammo review :mjlol:

Last edited:

Ronald

Daps
Bought a copy but when Zelda comes out this is gonna get shelved.

it will be interesting to see if Nintendo can make a better open world game than Horizon on last gen hardware

but i doubt that happens

this looks like it does everything better than Zelda, only thing it has over Horizon is the physics system. Zeldas probably gonna be a major let down to most

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
it will be interesting to see if Nintendo can make a better open world game than Horizon on last gen hardware

but i doubt that happens

this looks like it does everything better than Zelda, only thing it has over Horizon is the physics system. Zeldas probably gonna be a major let down to most
They're not even remotely similar. The only similarity is they take place outside in grass and they can climb. The comparisons are fukking stupid and are only happening because they're both exclusives coming out within days of each other. Zelda is probably going to be a classic. Horizon looks amazing on it's own. it's not like we comparing two simulation basketball games.