Horizon Forbidden West (PS4/5) & Burning Shores DLC Out Now! Complete Edition - 10/6, PC - Feb 2024

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
F48-C8-BAA-C6-A2-462-F-9-F01-92-C0-E5-CB30-E3.jpg

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps
This game kinda has the same problem all of the Sony open world games have, but to a way bigger extent - and thats theres way too much unused real estate. Theres so many cool areas in this game that deserve a narrative purpose or at least a side mission.

Have yall flew to the golden gate bridge? theres a stormbird, slaughterspine and like a whole unused level there on the bridge. matter of fact, that whole San Fran island is so under utilized in the story, and theres no side missions that take you to these cool places. Theres a whole horus here too that really doesnt serve any purpose outside scenery, but for some reason you can still extract its power source in the end game. There's all these settlements on the main island that aren't even part of the story too (they all have their own side stories tho).

Either way, this game is wildly underrated. The VRR in this game makes this game look unbelievable. I can't believe how good performance mode looks and plays on my CX.

Last edited:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
This game kinda has the same problem all of the Sony open world games have, but to a way bigger extent - and thats theres way too much unused real estate. Theres so many cool areas in this game that deserve a narrative purpose or at least a side mission.

Have yall flew to the golden gate bridge? theres a stormbird, slaughterspine and like a whole unused level there. matter of fact, that whole San Fran island is so under utilized in the story, and theres no side missions that take you to these cool places. Theres a whole horus here too that really doesnt serve any purpose outside scenery. Theres all these settlements on the main island that arent even part of the story too (they all have their own side stories tho).

Either way, this game is wildly underrated. The VRR in this game makes this game look unbelievable. I can't believe how good performance mode looks and plays on my CX.

Yeah, its kind of wild that the whole state of play area is just like some stock empty area in the actual game and not part of a mission.

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps
Yeah, its kind of wild that the whole state of play area is just like some stock empty area in the actual game and not part of a mission.

A lot of these areas are way more interesting than the areas you visit in the story. Especially the skyscrapers in the ocean or the golden gate bridge. I was just vaping and flying through the game today to experience the new VRR patch and man this game was amazing but it could've been so much better if they didn't rush the story.

This is a problem Guerilla always kinda had. They have amazing art, their games have amazing lore, but they always fall a little short in bridging the two things with a good story.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
A lot of these areas are way more interesting than the areas you visit in the story. Especially the skyscrapers in the ocean or the golden gate bridge. I was just vaping and flying through the game today to experience the new VRR patch and man this game was amazing but it could've been so much better if they didn't rush the story.

This is a problem Guerilla always kinda had. They have amazing art, their games have amazing lore, but they always fall a little short in bridging the two things with a good story.

Its gonna be dope when they can really utilize the PS5 hardware and can give us high speed air battles/dog fights

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY