"Hood forever, I just act like I'm civilized" -NaS

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
According to a lot on this site it's some c00n shyt to act civilized im going with the gawd on this one:childplease:

Silver Surfer

Veteran
Bushed
Daps

kris%20-%20shirt.jpg

Black Hans

Follow Jesus. Be Beautiful
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
John 14:6
I don't like the word "civilized". A better word would be tactful. "Civilized" is some white colonialism nonsense. :stopitslime: I really wish black people would stop saying that word. It sounds like you were indoctrinated.

Silver Surfer

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
I don't like the word "civilized". A better word would be tactful. "Civilized" is some white colonialism nonsense. :stopitslime: I really wish black people would stop saying that word. It sounds like you were indoctrinated.

civilized:
Bring (a place or people) to a stage of social, cultural, and moral development considered to be more advanced: "a civilized society".

tactful:
Having or showing a sense of what is fitting and considerate in dealing with others;

Sierra Mist

Banned
Daps
Those two words are entirely different unless you have no class and pretend you do in a tactful manner around people who are actually civilized. It's funny how the most ostentatious group of people who love to brag about money and class in all their music denounce money and class as "white supremacy" in other contexts.

Black Hans

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
civilized:
Bring (a place or people) to a stage of social, cultural, and moral development considered to be more advanced: "a civilized society".

tactful:
Having or showing a sense of what is fitting and considerate in dealing with others;

People mean tactful when they say civilized. Or do you think when people say they act civilized they're talking about Rembrandt and Economics? I guaranteed you Nas meant tactful.

Black Hans

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Those two words are entirely different unless you have no class and pretend you do in a tactful manner around people who are actually civilized. It's funny how the most ostentatious group of people who love to brag about money and class in all their music denounce money and class as "white supremacy" in other contexts.

I know the two words are different. However, people use civilized instead of tactful when talking about behavior. They're basically saying they know how to behave properly, which is tactful NOT civilized.

Daps
I know the two words are different. However, people use civilized instead of tactful when talking about behavior. They're basically saying they know how to behave properly, which is tactful NOT civilized.

You've lost me....are you mad that Black people misuse the word or that they use a word with (for the lack of a better term) racist undertones?