Honestly though, you can’t call yourself a real man if you BBQ with a gas grill

Phantum

The Charisma of the Streets
Daps
Use both, if you're just making burgers and hot dogs, gas is fine. Once you're done adding a bunch of condiments on it you won't tell much difference. Everything else tastes better over charcoal.

Rusty$hackleford

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PHX
My grill/smoker is wood pellet fired.

Where do I fit in on this?

#TraegerGang
Can you sear steaks on that thing?
There’s a time and place for everything. I’m not using my expensive ass lump charcoal to grill a tri-tip for my meal prep.
Santa Maria style? I used to say the same for short cooks but with my Akorn or a porcelain Kamado, shut it down and close the vents and that coal goes out and ready for another cook.

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
There's nothing wrong with using a gas grill. I might get one when I get me a house.

Gas grill is much faster. You can have grilled chicken in minutes, grilled steaks in minutes. and you don't get heart burn and burp charcoal. Charcoal definitely has the best flavor, but it's something that should be save for special events.

Minus well use the oven
tenor.gif

mr.africa

Veteran
Daps
this thread kinda reminds me of that time when nas and jungle took some kids from their hood to a camping trip
and attempted to make a fire.
brehs had timbs on and everything and looked like they were struggling with that particular task!!
:mjgrin: