Homer Simpson is an informant and snitch ass nikka

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
There was also the time the IRS hired him as a snitch so they wouldn't throw him in jail for fukking up his tax return. :mjpls:

Their comedy peak was so elite and so high that anything they did after when they inevitably went down in quality would look bad compared to their glory days.

I think the group think of the Simpsons going "downhill" is overrated as hell, but that's what happens when your first decade run was so special.

I agree that even if the show didn't fall off that bad, it would have been shyt on regardless. I think the problem is that when you watch an episode now, it's nothing close to what they were doing before. Even when the show first started declining, it could still have really good jokes and the occasional classic episode. Eventually, it just turned into background noise.

What makes it worse is that when The Simpsons was in its prime, there was nothing else like it. The way they would be able to craft jokes every minute and have a consistent story while making you relate to the characters was like science. It wasn't something a lot of shows were doing. Eventually, people started figuring out the formula and now, you have shows that are using it all the time, while The Simpsons just chose to blend in the background and stop innovating anything.

NOSaintsFan02

Superstar
Daps
There was also the time the IRS hired him as a snitch so they wouldn't throw him in jail for fukking up his tax return. :mjpls:

I agree that even if the show didn't fall off that bad, it would have been shyt on regardless. I think the problem is that when you watch an episode now, it's nothing close to what they were doing before. Even when the show first started declining, it could still have really good jokes and the occasional classic episode. Eventually, it just turned into background noise.

What makes it worse is that when The Simpsons was in its prime, there was nothing else like it. The way they would be able to craft jokes every minute and have a consistent story while making you relate to the characters was like science. It wasn't something a lot of shows were doing. Eventually, people started figuring out the formula and now, you have shows that are using it all the time, while The Simpsons just chose to blend in the background and stop innovating anything.

I'd almost argue I can be considered a Simpsons stan, yet I have no problem and often vocalize saying that I don't mind the show going on for as long as it wants. The fellow diehards often get annoyed or say that fans like me "do not demand better from the show" but :manny:. I have no problem with the show just being a decent show at this stage, they're allowed to coast imo.

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
I'd almost argue I can be considered a Simpsons stan, yet I have no problem and often vocalize saying that I don't mind the show going on for as long as it wants. The fellow diehards often get annoyed or say that fans like me "do not demand better from the show" but :manny:. I have no problem with the show just being a decent show at this stage, they're allowed to coast imo.

Yeah, I don't expect the show to really be anything more than decent after three decades and almost 700 episodes. Every once in a while, there will be an episode that I really like, like the one they did a couple months ago with Skinner and Chalmers going to Cincinnati. I would rather see more episodes about the supporting characters than another episode about Homer and Marge fighting or Lisa doing something political or Bart crying because somebody told him he's stupid. :mjlol:

NOSaintsFan02

Superstar
Daps
Yeah, I don't expect the show to really be anything more than decent after three decades and almost 700 episodes. Every once in a while, there will be an episode that I really like, like the one they did a couple months ago with Skinner and Chalmers going to Cincinnati. I would rather see more episodes about the supporting characters than another episode about Homer and Marge fighting or Lisa doing something political or Bart crying because somebody told him he's stupid. :mjlol:
Not many people notice, but they discreetly made Otto gay

DaylitoJames

#SnitchGang Elite
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sneak Nation
full
All of yall just NOW figuring out that Homer was #SnitchGang?

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
But was it really all for her? Or was that just one episode :usure: We need to do a Simpson rewatch thread.. homer looking funny in the light.

Remember when he told burns to fukk off so Maggie could keep bobo, the time he took a second job so lisa could keep her poney or what about the time he sacrificed his ultimate dream job working under hank scorpio for his family.

Last edited: