Home Automation

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
open your house even further to strangers brehs

this shyt is not secure because its in its infancy. hell it took forever to get encrypted connections for cameras alone.
I'm only lights and AC/Heat right now :yeshrug:
PY-4572_Seneca-Double-Shot-50_1516216981.jpg

All the security you need.
This aint about security. It's about AUTOMATION. We all packing AR-15s and glocks under the bed by now

hotbeezie

Go Dawgzz!!!!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Louisiana
All I got is an Amazon echo and a Polk command sound bar with Alexa built in.

I plan to get the entire setup soon

Red

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I have lights automated. Living room lights come on 45 minutes before sunset for example.

Can control lights and tumble dryer etc with alexa / Google home.

My phone automates wifi/Bluetooth when I get home.

In the process of automating more. Currently using IFTTT and stringify but am I alone in thinking it shouldn't be as difficult as it is some times to set the automation up. Companies need to work together to make it more standardised and intuitive between products

ahomeplateslugger

Superstar
Daps
i only an echo and dot with a couple of plugs for light voice control. i'm living in my girl's spot right now so don't wanna invest too much in it.

i want to install smart recessed lighting or spotlights in my condo. if i had a house then i feel like i'll be able to automate more and add motion sensors but with an apartment i don't need to do much. i'll eventually get a smart thermostat and setup my entertainment system with voice control and smart features.

Yade

BigJohnsons lol
Daps
You guys should get RING or at least recommended to y’all mothers or sisters

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
To elaborate on my previous post.

Harmony Hub
Smartthings (open/close sensors, leak sensor near my water heater (which saved me once already :wow:). also got some smart plugs hooked up to the TV/Receiver which, depending on the day turns everything off after midnight)
Skybell (smart doorbell)
Lightify with about 10 bulbs, most of them outside. Scheduled to turn on at dusk and off at dawn. 2 RBG bulbs in the living room
Blink Wi-Fi cameras
separate wired set with NVR outside
First Gen echo and 3rd gen dot.
Ecobee3 Thermostat, sets temp low when I'm not there and turns on when I pull up the driveway.
Smoke/Co2 alarm that I've yet to mount, I need to get on that.

Like I said I am going to go for the Schlage smart door lock next, also need to invest in some smart light switches because my toddler likes to play with the switches which makes the smart bulb useless.
Is there something like that for mold. Like mold sensor near vents

TheAlbionist

All Star
Daps
Reppin
London
Fair bit of LightwaveRF - sockets, auto-dimmers, light-switches and relays controlling wall heaters and hot water. Google Home in the living room and a Google Home Mini in the bedroom.

My dog has the place to himself for a few hours most days, so the heating and lighting is automated to keep him comfortable in case I'm ever out longer than planned, I can check in on him via webcam (which automatically records if he barks), talk through a little speaker and can even get Google to throw him a treat*.

*yes, that dog owns me, not the other way round.:hhh: :francis:

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
All I got is an Amazon echo and a Polk command sound bar with Alexa built in.

I plan to get the entire setup soon
The thing that's holding me back from Alexa is the idea that it's actively listening to me. I know some apps on our phones do that but still