HOLY SH1T! My old job (I just left 2 mos ago) called me to come back.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
I just got a message on my phone from my old bosses boss that they tryin to get a brotha back. now why they didn't care when I was there working is beyond me, but now all of a sudden they want me to come back.

so lets go over the pros and cons

OLD JOB

PROS
5 mile commute each way from crib
work 9-5 plus a lunch
no on call
can come and go as I please for the most part

CONS
company instability (hearing a lot of people leaving now)
cheap-they ain't tryin to pay nikkas what they worth
too many nikkas

NEW JOB

company very stable (just had a huge merger)
big organization
pay is MUCH better (took 5 figure pay increase to come here)
benefits slightly better IMO
have personal bathroom in my office
less nikkas

CONS
25 mile commute each way :sadcam:
have to have blackberry (but not on call)
beaurocracy

both jobs are in healthcare also

what do I do ya'll? I'm probably gonna hit them up in a couple hours. I'm a loyal person. I dont wanna leave my new company high and dry after they believed in me. plus I only been here 2 months (was at old one 7 yrs). when I first started @ this new gig, I offered my old boss some side work on saturdays if they were interested, and I never heard back. I'd rather take that option actually cuz it'd be easy money.

FreshFromATL

Self Made
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Don't non of that shyt really matter to me besides pay and stability...but I'm still fairly a "young" nikka (26) so :manny:

OG_StankBrefs

Da Spice...
Daps
Reppin
Caladan
The Pros of your new job clearly out shine that of your old one.

The Cons of your old job clearly out shine that of your new one.

Unless you have some kind of sentimental connection to that old shyt...i really dont see what the debate is. :manny:

PrnzHakeem

FKA LilNukka
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New Haven
I just got a message on my phone from my old bosses boss that they tryin to get a brotha back. now why they didn't care when I was there working is beyond me, but now all of a sudden they want me to come back.

so lets go over the pros and cons

OLD JOB

PROS
5 mile commute each way from crib
work 9-5 plus a lunch
no on call
can come and go as I please for the most part

CONS
company instability (hearing a lot of people leaving now)
cheap-they ain't tryin to pay nikkas what they worth
too many nikkas

NEW JOB

company very stable (just had a huge merger)
big organization
pay is MUCH better (took 5 figure pay increase to come here)
benefits slightly better IMO
have personal bathroom in my office
less nikkas

CONS
25 mile commute each way :sadcam:
have to have blackberry (but not on call)
beaurocracy

both jobs are in healthcare also

what do I do ya'll? I'm probably gonna hit them up in a couple hours. I'm a loyal person. I dont wanna leave my new company high and dry after they believed in me. plus I only been here 2 months (was at old one 7 yrs). when I first started @ this new gig, I offered my old boss some side work on saturdays if they were interested, and I never heard back. I'd rather take that option actually cuz it'd be easy money.

If they aint offering a promotion, fukk em. The 20 mile difference might seem like alot, but a better gig is probably doing wonders for your peace of mind.

Rain

đź‘€
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
All I needed to see is that you getting paid a lot better on your new job. Don't even overthink it.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
The Pros of your new job clearly out shine that of your old one.

The Cons of your old job clearly out shine that of your new one.

Unless you have some kind of sentimental connection to that old shyt...i really dont see what the debate is. :manny:

If they aint offering a promotion, fukk em. The 20 mile difference might seem like alot, but a better gig is probably doing wonders for your peace of mind.

I dont care about promotion. just bread. I'd happily do my old job if they was paying me new job money. cuz it was so damn easy. I could sit on here and post all day and what not and get great evaluations every year with ease. 20 mile difference in commute is a big deal out here where traffic is bad. Imma call back and see what they talking. chances are, I'm NOT changing jobs. esp to go back unless they talkin bout lettin me work on the side for some bread.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
oh yeah, the old job tried to promote me last time and not give me a pay increase, which is what really lit a fire under my ass to find a new gig.

PrnzHakeem

FKA LilNukka
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New Haven
oh yeah, the old job tried to promote me last time and not give me a pay increase, which is what really lit a fire under my ass to find a new gig.

Well, now you know they about that bullsh!t.

As someone who has worked in HR, and dealt with promotions, new salaries and all that. The only time a company would try to do that:

1) They broke and hoping a shiny new title would appease the newly promoted
2) They're broke and truly want to give a promotional increase but can't
3) They don't know any better

Now, you can go back to them if they willing to match your current salary but how do you know 2-3 years from now they wont be on some similar bullshyt like a merit freeze or kill your annual incentive program?

Also, you already heard rumors about mad people leaving. Find out why. Makes no sense to jump back on the titanic when you caught the first lifeboat.

OG_StankBrefs

Da Spice...
Daps
Reppin
Caladan
I dont care about promotion. just bread. I'd happily do my old job if they was paying me new job money. cuz it was so damn easy. I could sit on here and post all day and what not and get great evaluations every year with ease. 20 mile difference in commute is a big deal out here where traffic is bad. Imma call back and see what they talking. chances are, I'm NOT changing jobs. esp to go back unless they talkin bout lettin me work on the side for some bread.

BUt didnt you mention somethin bout the instability of the old job and how mufukkas was gettin ghost n what not? That'd be some big ass red signals to me. :usure:

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Well, now you know they about that bullsh!t.

As someone who has worked in HR, and dealt with promotions, new salaries and all that. The only time a company would try to do that:

1) They broke and hoping a shiny new title would appease the newly promoted
2) They're broke and truly want to give a promotional increase but can't
3) They don't know any better

Now, you can go back to them if they willing to match your current salary but how do you know 2-3 years from now they wont be on some similar bullshyt like a merit freeze or kill your annual incentive program?

Also, you already heard rumors about mad people leaving. Find out why. Makes no sense to jump back on the titanic when you caught the first lifeboat.

real talk. I dont wanna go back. I liked that job mostly cuz of the convenience that it offers.

BUt didnt you mention somethin bout the instability of the old job and how mufukkas was gettin ghost n what not? That'd be some big ass red signals to me. :usure:

no doubt. like I said, I'm gonna tell them I can do part time if they can work it around my current work schedule. otherwise fukkit.

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
instability + the fact that they dikked you before after 7 years = nah

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Unless they are going to match your salary with your new gig while maintaining your old seniority id say nope