Holy Cannoli! We’re On The Strive For Five! The Dynasty Rolls On! Golden State Warriors 2022-23 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
Here you are talking about agendas, and yet you keep crawling back to referencing this nonsensical talking point, as if Wiggins has any relevance here.

You were desperate to have Wiseman prove me wrong like you did with Wiggins, and it's affecting your ability to be objective. It's why the only posts you've made in this thread this season have been about Wiseman. You're not even a fan of this team or any of the players on it. You're not even watching the games, let alone have any idea as to what's happening and what negative effect he had on the team. It's why you talk in generalities and can't commit to any position because you don't know what the fukk you're talking about.

They're 8-2* since phasing him out of the rotation, with the second-unit performing a lot better, which is a "huge deviance" to what was happening before. They're playing with more energy, and the offense-defense has been able to establish a certain level of consistency because that black hole is no longer destroying everything that is in his vicinity. It's the exact same thing that happened during the 2021 season when he went down injured:

21-12 without Wiseman
18-21 with Wiseman.

We're seeing the exact same thing play out this season, and we still have ignorant ass muh'fukkas like you trying to state otherwise.
1. You know my entire stance on Wiseman was that it is still too early to expect him to be a major contributor on this team.
2. He was being scapegoated to start the season when there were bigger issues, some of which have been corrected.
3. That is a lot of words to say the Warriors have played more home games thus they have won more games but not really off the pace they were on with Wiseman. We’ll see if that road record improves going forward
4. The rotation changes Kerr made seem to work better and I’m not sure where Wiseman would fit going forward. Ideally you’d want him to be the back up 5 instead of JyMichael just not sure how they can work him back in at this point.
5. There were more changes to the second unit besides phasing out Wiseman. And this point is why it’s nonsensical to even engage with you at times. Because you know it’s deeper than just Wiseman but you’ll prefer to be a caricature of a poster to push your agenda.

Daps
He's absolutely been disappointing. Two things stand out to me.. he's too easy to score over for being that big. And he was setting better screens in the preseason than he Is now. But it's still Klay that was the biggest factor at this point
Klay's performance has little to do with the second unit holding their own now.

The starting unit was still managing to perform well even when Klay was struggling (one of the best starting 5 net-ratings in the league), it was the bench that was drowning the team, and now that isn't much of an issue.

Robbo

All Star
Daps
Klay's performance has little to do with the second unit holding their own now.

The starting unit was still managing to perform well even when Klay was struggling (one of the best starting 5 net-ratings in the league), it was the bench that was drowning the team, and now that isn't much of an issue.
But the 2nd unit improvement is mostly the change to Draymond and Divincenzo coming back. Divincenzo has been great. So the first unit is more potent and the 2nd unit is not giving up huge leads constantly.

Klays efficiency helps them continue scoring at a high rate without giving up too many easy opportunities through transition

Daps
1. You know my entire stance on Wiseman was that it is still too early to expect him to be a major contributor on this team.
It's not about expecting him to be a "major contributor" anymore. He's not even good enough to stay in the rotation. This is what you're not grasping. This goal-post moving you're doing is ignoring the fact that it's addition by subtraction when he's not playing, never mind this "major contributor" bullshyt for someone that's been on this team since 2020. You're proving my point even more that drafting him was the wrong decision, which has been my position since the very beginning.

Kuminga is 18 months younger and was drafted a year after him and he's able to have a positive impact despite not being in a main role.

Wiseman can't even be a "major contributor" on a G-League team, so what the fukk are you even talking about it being "too early"? You gonna keep using this excuse when he's 27 and still hasn't figured it out, when it should've been obvious to you since the start?
2. He was being scapegoated to start the season when there were bigger issues, some of which have been corrected.
He wasn't being scapegoated.

You were just desperate to die on that hill to try to get a win over me. You're not really concerned with the problems on this squad. The only time you pop up in this thread is whenever it involves a discussion where you can be the antagonist to me.
3. That is a lot of words to say the Warriors have played more home games thus they have won more games but not really off the pace they were on with Wiseman. We’ll see if that road record improves going forward
It's not just the record, in a vacuum.

It's how the team is performing.

The wins at home/losses on the road is only a red herring, because even in those wins Wiseman was drowning every lineup he was in. Nobody in the rotation now is having that effect and it's showing. The road record will improve and you'll no doubt be back up in here juelzing to deflect blame away from him, once again.

If everyone else can play to a role, and play within the system, and Wiseman is the only one who can't - what does that tell you?
4. The rotation changes Kerr made seem to work better and I’m not sure where Wiseman would fit going forward. Ideally you’d want him to be the back up 5 instead of JyMichael just not sure how they can work him back in at this point.
They rotations work better because he isn't in them.

There's a reason why even JaMychal is able to have a positive impact in ways that he couldn't have. There's no working him back in, at this point, because it's evident that everyone currently in the rotation can fit in and he can't. Again, the same thing happened during the 2021 season: they abandoned the system to coddle him, and he couldn't even do basic shyt on the defensive end, which the team suffered for as a result. Once he went down, they were able to regain their identity, and even with a subpar roster, they managed to win and perform at a high-rate. Fringe NBA-talent like JTA, DLee, Mulder and Bazemore were less of a liability than he was.
5. There were more changes to the second unit besides phasing out Wiseman. And this point is why it’s nonsensical to even engage with you at times. Because you know it’s deeper than just Wiseman but you’ll prefer to be a caricature of a poster to push your agenda.
The fact you're now biting my phrases, emphasizes even more what your play is in here.

You're on the wrong side of history, and no amount of deflections and shifting of the argument is ever going to change that.

:manny:

Daps
But the 2nd unit improvement is mostly the change to Draymond and Divincenzo coming back. Divincenzo has been great. So the first unit is more potent and the 2nd unit is not giving up huge leads constantly.

Klays efficiency helps them continue scoring at a high rate without giving up too many easy opportunities through transition
All of this is just excuses for the fact the team is performing better without him.

The second unit has improved because they're not having to coddle someone like him on offense, by trying to get him in the frame of the play instead of just sticking to the system. All the other players on the second unit have absolutely no problem sticking to the principles of it and finding ways to contribute without having to having their hands held. Everyone is touching the ball and everyone is able to find a rhythm, which they weren't before because the endless cycle of PnRs for Wiseman weren't resulting in any kind of meaningful offense.

The defense is better because nobody is lost on that end like he was either.

Nobody dragged down the team quite like he did. Or are you going to tell me they'd improve just the same if Wiseman was still in the rotation?

Wiseman is letting 2nd round picks in the G-League put up Wilt #s against him, and yet you still can't see just how much of a detriment he was to this squad.

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
The fact that it’s even a choice rn between [REDACTED] and Draymond shows Lacob doesn’t know what makes the warriors a dynasty. Not to mention the multiple kids on the bench while Steph is putting up god numbers
Well let’s just hope lacob finally take a hands off approach.. it got us this far… him putting his thumb on that #2 has been a disaster especially when it was apparent they were gonna take Melo and Meyers got overruled

Daps
The adjustments to the second unit [Dray leading and Donte returning] wouldn't have the same effect if Wiseman was still in the rotation. Both Dray and Donte are pushing the tempo and moving the ball which is allowing the offense to function as it is. You can't really put Wiseman next to Dray and expect the same results. Everyone on the bench is capable of holding their own on the defensive end as well (which wasn't the case before).

Which is the entire point here.

All the adjustments the coaching staff have made wouldn't have the same impact if they had to account for Wiseman being in the picture too. That's why there's been this monumental shift in their play. There's a reason why none of the players currently in the rotation are dragging down the lineups they're in.

Don Homer

Molto Bene
Supporter
Daps
Well let’s just hope lacob finally take a hands off approach.. it got us this far… him putting his thumb on that #2 has been a disaster especially when it was apparent they were gonna take Melo and Meyers got overruled
Hurts even more when you have Kerr on record that he loved Haliburton

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

What if Dray signs Wiseman to his agency and Lacob ends up paying him commission for the next 15 years. Easiest money ever made in the history of sport :wow:

He'd be getting his money from Lacob one way or another :wow:

CSquare43

Superstar
Daps
:dead:

2n4gi1ycxt2a1.jpg

aceboon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Is Haliburton getting called for carrying like JP? or any of the other young guards(Garland, Ja, Shai) for that matter? I've had to hold off on copping league pass thru cable because of a move but now that I got it I'm bout to start paying attention cuz I haven't seen these other nikkas go viral for it like JP did

Status
Not open for further replies.