Hollywood's trailer game is a DISASTER I have to avoid them shyts

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
no, that is not worse than spoiling an entire movie on a fukkin trailer.

Most movie trailers DON'T do that. People complain about it a lot but most movie trailers only show about 10 to 15 minutes of a movie and leave out most of the key scenes...

There are SOME trailers that spoil shyt is such a way that it makes folks angry....Like Amazing Spider-Man 2 putting the final scene of the movie in the damn trailers or Terminator Salvation putting the John Connor twist in the fukking trailer.

They need to go back to using voice overs in trailers that give audiences the gist of the movie without spoiling shyt, or they should let directors have final say on the trailers.

JJ Abrams movies NEVER have spoilers in the trailers precisely because he had final say on what's in the trailers. He's movies aren't even all that good, but his trailers always get fans hyped.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Damn!
I forgot they used to have the voice guy in the trailers!

"This summer!"
*a shot of NYC
"Hes back!"
*some action shyt pops off
"Spider-Man like youve never seen him before...

With IRON MAN!"
*some funny Iron Man and Spidey banter
"Spider-Man:Homecoming! In theaters this July!!"

Last edited:

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Damn!
I forgot they used to have the voice guy in the trailers!

"This summer!"
*a shot of NYC
"Hes back!"
*some action shyt pops off
"Spider-Man like youve never seen him before...

With IRON MAN!"
*some funny Iron Man and Spidey banter
"Spider-Man:Homecoming! In theaters this July!!"

Yup, the voice over stops the need to have the characters reveal key dialog in the trailers.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ya'll remember when they ruined the reveal in T2 before the shyt was even in theaters?

That moment in the hallway is what, 20 minutes in?

Imagine watching that movie thinking Arnold was the villain again and then :mindblown:

You know what though, the VAST majority of people don't even remember that trailer, the one most people saw for Terminator 2 was this one:

FocusedDaily

Chi-town's Hero
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South-side Chi
They show what's obviously the end climatic scene in 90% of trailers now. It's annoying as fukk. I skip plenty of stuff now cause I feel like I know the ending.

I'm not watching anything past this teaser for Black Panther

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
I only ever see trailers when I'm at the movies, and even then I try and time my entrance right.

I haven't watch a YouTube trailer for a film or TV show in at least 4 or 5 years.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
It's an epidemic. Two and a half to three minute trailers that break down 75% of the movie. :shaq2:

That seven minute Dunkirk trailer was done perfectly though. :whew:

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
Ya'll remember when they ruined the reveal in T2 before the shyt was even in theaters?

That moment in the hallway is what, 20 minutes in?

Imagine watching that movie thinking Arnold was the villain again and then :mindblown:

If u went into the theater thinking he was the villain again then u got a nice surprise i guess but everyone knew shyt was flip flopped and no one ever complained.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
I wanna hurt Hollywood marketing fukks so bad for the way trailers are done now.

A 15 second teaser trailer for the teaser trailer.

The teaser trailer which is the length of a regular trailer at two and a half minutes long, that has three seconds of footage from the trailer in front of it to announce the trailer you're about to watch.

Two "official" (non-teaser that really wasn't a teaser) trailers that spoil most of the story plus two international trailers that spoil even more.

An "epic" final trailer of 5 minutes that combines all previous trailers.

And additionally they will release six clips of the movie that show vital action and/or plot scenes.

All for supposedly important social media awareness that can never possibly weigh up to the cost of the amount of shyt they spoil that ruins your viewing experience.:hhh: