Hogan’s 1998 WCW contract is the greatest finesse in the history of the business

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What the fukk kind of file is this op? :why: Why can't I copy/share it?

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Eric bischoff such a hogan mark :scusthov:
yup this is what killed wcw....vince and hogan are the ultimate carnies...they cant pull the bullshyt on each other like that...bischoff is a straight mark that hogan can play like a fiddle

drifter

Superstar
Daps
yup this is what killed wcw....vince and hogan are the ultimate carnies...they cant pull the bullshyt on each other like that...bischoff is a straight mark that hogan can play like a fiddle
Bischoff couldn't have been the only one. That's one of the contracts Turner owned and the reason the Invasion angle was flat because Hogan, Nash, Flair and the biggest stars were owned by Turner, not WCW, and Turner didn't want to do early buyouts. Pretty sure Turner had to green light that too

It's easy looking back 20 years but the date is May 29, 1998. WWF only regained the lead about 46 days prior, before that you dog walked the shyt outta them 2 straight years. I can see all that getting signing off on because the track record was still there at that time. There ain't been a deal like that one since tho lol and it was all guaranteed

Dave24

Superstar
Daps

Highlights of the 4-year contract which was supposed to run from May 1998 to May 2002:

• ⁠$2 million signing bonus due within 14 days of signing
• ⁠6 PPVs per year where he is the "featured" wrestler
• ⁠A minimum of $675,000 per PPV appearance or 15% of the domestic PPV cable sales received by WCW, whichever is greater
• ⁠A $1.35 million payment on July 1, November 1 and February 1 of the first 3 years of the contract as an advance of the PPV payment
• ⁠Additional bonuses of $250,000 to up to $1.75 million based on the PPV buyrate, per PPV appearance
• ⁠25% of the gross ticket sales for every Nitro or Thunder appearance with a minimum of $25,000 payment
• ⁠16 mutually agreed WCW TV tapings
• ⁠25% of the gross revenue of ticket sales of any house show
• ⁠$100,000 "consultant fee" for year 4 of the contract
• ⁠50% of net receipts of any merchandise sold by WCW to contain his name or likeness
• ⁠50% of the "actual license fee" received by WCW for any licensing deal involving his name or likeness
• ⁠$20,000 per month for any period he's in the NWO and wearing non-Hogan NWO merchandise or participating in anything NWO related
• 100% of net revenue if WCW should start a Hulk Hogan 900 hotline

:wow:

@R=G Hogan got that bag

itiswhatitis

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Bischoff couldn't have been the only one. That's one of the contracts Turner owned and the reason the Invasion angle was flat because Hogan, Nash, Flair and the biggest stars were owned by Turner, not WCW, and Turner didn't want to do early buyouts. Pretty sure Turner had to green light that too

It's easy looking back 20 years but the date is May 29, 1998. WWF only regained the lead about 46 days prior, before that you dog walked the shyt outta them 2 straight years. I can see all that getting signing off on because the track record was still there at that time. There ain't been a deal like that one since tho lol and it was all guaranteed

This. At this time Austin hasn’t surpassed him as the biggest draw ever, Rock is in the mid card and Goldberg is bubbling. He still was wrestlings biggest draw at the time and could command this. Especially when apparently Hogan met with Vince in 1997.

Bugzbunny129

All Star
Daps
Yea.

This contract was one of the best in sports

I tried explaining it my dad once. Dude literally wrestled an hr a month if that, and was making like 2 mil a month. Per the amount of time, he might have been the highest paid athelete/entertainer of the time. Sure maybe certain actors got 30 mil a picture, or guys like jordan or arod got major major money. But hogan made upwards to 2 mil a month doing 3 promos, 1 tv match, hitting a guy with a belt and spraypainting someone, then the ppv.

Major sports atheletes still had to play 82/162 game seasons, an hr each, plus practice. Promo work. Etc.

Hogan got paid money to wear his own t shirt and talk shyt wvery nitro. Do a cpl house shows. Dude even got per diem and a garbage can of miller lite for him macho and nwo every show.

That gate vs goldberg at atlanta for the nitro literally went to him. So when people say “why did wcw do that” and give away a ppv, its cause hulk got that gate. What a fukking payday. With the ppv he prolly cleared 3mill that month. BROTHER

It def opened doors for other guys to make money. Brock got that type of deal now i assume.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Yea.

This contract was one of the best in sports

I tried explaining it my dad once. Dude literally wrestled an hr a month if that, and was making like 2 mil a month. Per the amount of time, he might have been the highest paid athelete/entertainer of the time. Sure maybe certain actors got 30 mil a picture, or guys like jordan or arod got major major money. But hogan made upwards to 2 mil a month doing 3 promos, 1 tv match, hitting a guy with a belt and spraypainting someone, then the ppv.

Major sports atheletes still had to play 82/162 game seasons, an hr each, plus practice. Promo work. Etc.

Hogan got paid money to wear his own t shirt and talk shyt wvery nitro. Do a cpl house shows. Dude even got per diem and a garbage can of miller lite for him macho and nwo every show.

That gate vs goldberg at atlanta for the nitro literally went to him. So when people say “why did wcw do that” and give away a ppv, its cause hulk got that gate. What a fukking payday. With the ppv he prolly cleared 3mill that month. BROTHER

It def opened doors for other guys to make money. Brock got that type of deal now i assume.
fukk no. Nobody is getting that type of deal nowadays. Not Brock, Not Roman, Not Punk, Not Jericho, etc.

You’ll never see that type of deal again.