Hitman [Series Reboot] OT Physical Release 1/31/17

Rakim Allah

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
My most anticipated game right now...Absolution was enjoyable even with its flaws. Just happy they are going back to Blood Money type levels and even bigger sandboxes to assassinate in. Dec 8th can't come any sooner.

ciubaca

Superstar
Daps
New hitman, new Tomb raider
I think im the only one here who liked absolution.... This new agent 47 looks like a bytch tho.... the older one was better

Rakim Allah

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
A dude named Aubron Wood, a moderator from the Hitman subreddit forum, actually was able to play a level from the new Hitman. Here he answers questions about the game. https://www.reddit.com/r/HiTMAN/comments/3a2faj/ive_played_hitman_ask_me_almost_anything/

About a month ago I was invited to visit IO Interactive HQ in Denmark. I visited as part of a small community round table to play and offer feedback on HITMAN. We got a tour of the studio, met the devs, got to speak with David Bateson, and played a level of the current development build of the game. We offered feedback and discussed the communities wants and the spirit of Hitman with the studio members.

Anyway - as you can imagine, I've been sworn to secrecy three times over. However, I have been given the go ahead as of today to discuss most of what I saw there with you. In particular, I can talk about gameplay features from the demo, so I hope to be able to ease your mind in that department.

Feel free to ask whatever you'd like. But please understand there are some questions I am just not allowed to answer.

Some random but important questions and answers.

Q: Does it remind you of Blood Money at all ? Does it give the same vibes as Blood money !?

A: Yes and yes. Playing this game felt, in many ways, like playing a modern Blood Money. Which is all I wanted.

It was frustrating at times, it was deep, at the end of it I felt like I had only just scratched the surface of the possibilities of the map. I felt like I could have replayed it for a 4th or 5th time and still be doing a completely different line of events to get a more satsifying outcome.

By the end of our time with the game I had just started to get to the really satisfying part of a Blood Money level, when you know the board, know the big pieces, and can start to abuse that foreknowledge to do amazing things.

Q:
  1. How large are the levels?
  2. Is the detection system the same as absolution?(If you wear a disguise, you would have to press a button to hide your face)
A:

Huge - The level we played was a massive, three story building, which had 3 completely different events going on in it at once. I can't say much plot wise (at all), but I can count at least 4 unique 'tiers' of disguises I went through while trying to reach the top of the house.

Not at all. It definitely was more blood money esque. The only hint of Absolution left was that certain guards were classified as 'observant' - sometimes these were random people of the same type as your current disguise, sometimes they were people who would make sense to know the staff a bit more than your average grunt. They were sparsely placed around the map, but provided a challenge in the right places.

For example, one of the targets in the level we played had a bodyguard who would follow him around, and knew everyone on staff. Inherently, getting close to the target was an absolute pain, but in a challenging, fun way.

Q: Gonna ask the only question that matters: Was it good?

A: It was fantastic. I was put off by Absolution, so honestly being asked to visit IO with that being the last Hitman game they'd released was, concerning. I arrived a skeptic and left a believer.

Sounds like a bigger and even more sandbox version of Blood Money:blessed:

Kingshango

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
A dude named Aubron Wood, a moderator from the Hitman subreddit forum, actually was able to play a level from the new Hitman. Here he answers questions about the game. https://www.reddit.com/r/HiTMAN/comments/3a2faj/ive_played_hitman_ask_me_almost_anything/

Q: Does it remind you of Blood Money at all ? Does it give the same vibes as Blood money !?

A: Yes and yes. Playing this game felt, in many ways, like playing a modern Blood Money. Which is all I wanted.

It was frustrating at times, it was deep, at the end of it I felt like I had only just scratched the surface of the possibilities of the map. I felt like I could have replayed it for a 4th or 5th time and still be doing a completely different line of events to get a more satsifying outcome.

By the end of our time with the game I had just started to get to the really satisfying part of a Blood Money level, when you know the board, know the big pieces, and can start to abuse that foreknowledge to do amazing things.

KG0bpcQ.gif

Alright im in.

John Mayer

In your atmosphere
Daps
Reppin
Paradise Valley

About a month ago I was invited to visit IO Interactive HQ in Denmark. I visited as part of a small community round table to play and offer feedback on HITMAN. We got a tour of the studio, met the devs, got to speak with David Bateson, and played a level of the current development build of the game. We offered feedback and discussed the communities wants and the spirit of Hitman with the studio members.

Anyway - as you can imagine, I've been sworn to secrecy three times over. However, I have been given the go ahead as of today to discuss most of what I saw there with you. In particular, I can talk about gameplay features from the demo, so I hope to be able to ease your mind in that department.

Feel free to ask whatever you'd like. But please understand there are some questions I am just not allowed to answer.

Q:
  2. Is the detection system the same as absolution?(If you wear a disguise, you would have to press a button to hide your face)
A:

Huge - The level we played was a massive, three story building, which had 3 completely different events going on in it at once. I can't say much plot wise (at all), but I can count at least 4 unique 'tiers' of disguises I went through while trying to reach the top of the house.

Not at all. It definitely was more blood money esque. The only hint of Absolution left was that certain guards were classified as 'observant' - sometimes these were random people of the same type as your current disguise, sometimes they were people who would make sense to know the staff a bit more than your average grunt. They were sparsely placed around the map, but provided a challenge in the right places.

For example, one of the targets in the level we played had a bodyguard who would follow him around, and knew everyone on staff. Inherently, getting close to the target was an absolute pain, but in a challenging, fun way.

A: It was fantastic. I was put off by Absolution, so honestly being asked to visit IO with that being the last Hitman game they'd released was, concerning. I arrived a skeptic and left a believer.

In order for this to be a true sequel to bloody money we need Viviene Mckee as Diana.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
image: http://gematsu.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/Hitman_06-17-15.jpg
Hitman_06-17-15.jpg

Square Enix has released the premiere gameplay trailer and first screenshots for the new Hitman game, simply titled Hitman, at E3.
The video shows Agent 47 out to kill target Viktor Novikov, a Russian billionaire and one of the ringleaders of an enigmatic spy ring called IAGO. It’s set against the backdrop of the Sanguine fashion show in Paris. Players will have complete freedom of approach in deciding how to eliminate the target.

Read more at http://gematsu.com/2015/06/hitman-e3-2015-gameplay-trailer-screenshots#zqiG1pUJ3OWwwkPG.99

Rakim Allah

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Am I hearing this right?? Homeboy says that the initial game released on Dec 8th will be bigger than Absolution and they will continue to add locations, missions and targets(some timed) throughout 2016. If this is correct then I'm hella stoked for this game. :blessed:

@3:42

Dwolf

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Murim

Q:
A:

That was my biggest gripe with Absolution, the disguses where fukking useless for the most part. I really hope they got rid of that instinct/wall hack bullshyt:francis:

Rakim Allah

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Am I hearing this right?? Homeboy says that the initial game released on Dec 8th will be bigger than Absolution and they will continue to add locations, missions and targets(some timed) throughout 2016. If this is correct then I'm hella stoked for this game. :blessed:

@3:42

Here's take from Hitman Forum on what IO may be doing with the upcoming Hitman.

"Hate to say it Johnny, but what I'm understanding is that the story won't be done until late 2016.

My guess is 4-6 locations/missions (where "missions" are the story-based assassinations) at initial digital release. And then the final 6 or so locations/missions to come between Dec. 2015 and Dec. 2016.

I fully expect that each location when released will have at least 3-4 IO-made Contracts tied to it. I'm expecting it to be a bit like MGS Ground Zeroes -- different Contracts may even play with different times of day like in Ground Zeroes (in the gameplay footage there's clearly some footage at day and some at night). I also think that these Contracts may drop-in target NPC's which do not exist in the "mission" version, with their own unique routines and backstories. It's speculation, but I think supported by the "48-hour time-limited targets" concept.

The other thing I fully expect is for this approach to be controversial and to garner a whole lot of complaining on these forums and elsewhere. And, to be fair, I would understand why -- it's paying the full price for a promise that the second half of the content will, in fact, arrive, and will be up to par with the first half of the content. Videogame consumers are (if forums/comment sections are any indication) the least trusting people in the universe.

But me personally? I think I'm down with it. Maybe it's because I have the disposable income to take a risk on something I like the idea of, or maybe it's because I'd rather get to playing the handful of extremely replayable levels in 6 months' time and deal with the drip-feed of additional levels over the next 12 months (as opposed to waiting 18 months to get it all in one go). But everyone's different. All I know is, that one location we've seen -- I could lose dozens of hours to playing in that sandbox, especially if the non-"mission" Contracts available to it involve targets/puzzle-solving/assassination plans as complex, satisfying and up to player choice as the official "mission"."

:ohhh::ehh:

I just hope there's enough missions and replay value to last until the next location/mission.