Hit em up....overrated or great diss track?

Canada Goose

Pooping on your head :umad:
Daps
Reppin
A lake near Tampa FL
jay z was in there aswell but audio got fukked and they cut it :huhldup:

One of them Outlaw nikkas told Pac to take the Jay diss out because he had nothing to do with it.

IDK when the Dead President video came out, but that's why Pac had a issue with Jay as Biggie and Jay was clowning him at the end of the video when they was rolling dice...

Dice landed on Cali and Biggie said "who shot ya" under his breath and everyone at the table was like :lolbron:

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
It was one of the most impactful diss records ever if not the most impactful because it was one of the most popular and respected rappers going at another one of the most popular and respected rappers at a time when there wasn't much dissing going on and there was the whole element of the east vs. west thing, but it was a garbage ass song and a garbage ass diss. It was a bullshyt throwaway song with lazy bars and bum nikkas rapping over someone else's beat...mixtape shyt.

The God Poster

LWO representa
Daps
Reppin
NULL
it was ok..... i think the shock value got people...who shot ya was still the more lyrical ether but hit em up it was more theater than anything lol.......pac screaming about a bunch of shyt and people he would never actually kill was just alot of saving face but most people who didnt know what was actually going on took that as aggression smh couple that with the annual
" fukk ny " movements around the usa and there you have it a widely loved diss song... imo bigs line saying
" you cursed it but rehearsed it/ i drop unexpectedly like birdshyt "
sums up the whole song and pacs studio persona in like 4 bars lol......

INTELLIGENCE OVER EMOTIONS always
nikka please. Dmx,pac>>> mos def, lupe

god shamgod

Veteran
Daps
Backdown,ether,takeover,maybe if I sing,2nd round ko,bytch n you,fukk compton,king of the hill,long kiss goodnight,drop a gem on em>>>>>hit em up

hit em up is weak compared to several other diss songs

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Song was raw as fukk.

No other song evoked so much emotion.

That's what a lyricist really is.Some one that can be "felt".

No matter whether you loved Pac or hated him, Hit Em Up was a vicious track and it moved you in some sorta way.

nikkaz is still holding grudges over that track.That's how you know it was effective

HoLLaBaCK

SOHH ICEY
Daps
Reppin
New York
The fact that he named names and the aggressiveness makes people over react lyrically though...

(in no particular order)
No Vaseline
Ether
Takeover
2nd Round KO
The bytch In You
Bridge Is Over
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Hit Em Up

(IMO there are more IM just to lazy to jog my brain)

**the previous statement is the opinion of the poster**

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
it was ok..... i think the shock value got people...who shot ya was still the more lyrical ether but hit em up it was more theater than anything lol.......pac screaming about a bunch of shyt and people he would never actually kill was just alot of saving face but most people who didnt know what was actually going on took that as aggression smh couple that with the annual
" fukk ny " movements around the usa and there you have it a widely loved diss song... imo bigs line saying
" you cursed it but rehearsed it/ i drop unexpectedly like birdshyt "
sums up the whole song and pacs studio persona in like 4 bars lol......

INTELLIGENCE OVER EMOTIONS always

All rappers don't talk about killing people they have no intention of killing on diss records now:rudy:? Is intelligence the reason ether dissing a nikkas mustache,calling him gay,accusing a man of everything he accused you of wins in public opion over one of the most clever diss records of our time next to No Vaseline? But ilet me fall back for a minute...damn intelligence give me the song that's gon make a nikka I'm dissin choke the shyt out his wife he so stressed:russ:..make a nikka call other rappers for help in dissing me on sum "let's jump em y'all" shyt...made Lil Kim believe her face wuznt good enuff even tho nikkas wuz jerkin to her album covers nationwide...made Prodigy wanna kill em:laff:...then when I die nikkas so mad I can't get a rest in peace shoutout but instead I get a diss song recorded instead soon as my death is confirmed:krs: u nikkas wanna talk about overated?:childplease:...nikkas either cried when pac died bcuz they wuz so honored to go to war with asuch a worthy opponent...or they wuz still mad 10 yrs after the fact....who else but pac ill wait....and btw No Vaseline is the goat diss so I'm not sayin this is goat but overated?

Gifted one

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Against all odds and Bomb First>

Its a great diss track though, Pac should have rapped the whole song instead of the outlawz

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
And hate the Outlawz if u want but that made the diss more disrespectful....he said "y'all ain't on my level I'ma let these nikkas wacker then me ride on y'all cuz y'all wack" then came back in on sum ":rudy: that's enuff of that lemme keep the dice rollin"...and the outro in spoken word on sum Maya Angelou I know why a caged bird sings shyt:laff: "fuk u and yo muthafukin mama" therell never be another:pachaha:

concise

Veteran
Daps
]And hate the Outlawz if u want but that made the diss more disrespectful....he said "y'all ain't on my level I'ma let these nikkas wacker then me ride on y'all cuz y'all wack" [/B]then came back in on sum ":rudy: that's enuff of that lemme keep the dice rollin"...and the outro in spoken word on sum Maya Angelou I know why a caged bird sings shyt:laff: "fuk u and yo muthafukin mama" therell never be another:pachaha:

:pachaha: That was one of the things that made it so great.