49ers..Braves..Celtics
GUNTHER deserves it. What a run. But... I do miss Honky :pachaha:

honky-tonk-man-wwf.gif

RammerJammer

#RollTide #TSC #RiseUp #BullsNation #RIPKobe
Daps
Reppin
Montgomery, Alabama
Dont remember your reaction but they did try to name him after a Nazi so im sure it was fine breh.

It was around the time when they were changing talents names like the rest of Imperium, Raquel, LA Knight etc, for no reason and it was just annoying, the nazi thing was stupid too.

To Gunther’s credit though he’s made that name a household name that will go down in wrestling history, so salute to him.

CBoz

We Are NXT!
Daps
Reppin
The NXT Universe
Dont remember your reaction but they did try to name him after a Nazi so im sure it was fine breh.
You act like they found a Nazi's name, picked it out and said, "That's your new name."

1. His real name is also the name of a Nazi so do we also hate the name "Walter Hahn" as well?
2. Stark in German means "Strong" so that could have been their original purpose. Gunther Strong = Gunther Stark in German.
3. The full name Gunther Stark never made it to TV. Not once was it uttered on the air. It was in NXT that he claimed after winning a match that he was no longer Walter but Gunther when he corrected the ring announcer.

In the end, people found a reason to be outraged.

Last edited:

CBoz

We Are NXT!
Daps
Reppin
The NXT Universe
It was around the time when they were changing talents names like the rest of Imperium, Raquel, LA Knight etc, for no reason and it was just annoying, the nazi thing was stupid too.

To Gunther’s credit though he’s made that name a household name that will go down in wrestling history, so salute to him.
You know this is not true. It's for trademark purposes. We all should know how WWE works by now when it comes to ring names.

Beautiful Bobby Eatin

SWEEEEEEEEEETNESS!
Daps
Reppin
Terra Belle, Georgia
Back in Vince’s prime he would do something crazy like have Gunther show up on Smackdown and lose an open challenge to somebody like Jimmy Yang
The pop after the Maven roll up victory
You act like they found a Nazi's name, picked it out and said, "That's your new name."

1. His real name is also the name of a Nazi so do we also hate the name "Walter Hahn" as well?
2. Stark in German means "Strong" so that could have been their original purpose. Gunther Strong = Gunther Stark in German.
3. The full name Gunther Stark never made it to TV. Not once was it uttered on the air. It was in NXT that he claimed after winning a match that he was no longer Walter but Gunther when he corrected the ring announcer.

In the end, people found a reason to be outraged.
Bruh

1. Walter Hahn isnt a nazi name. Gunther Stark is.

2. Unless you speak German, you had to look up what Stark meant in German so that same energy couldnt have been used in a public company to mitigate an uproar?

3. They filed a trademark. It was absolutely intended to make it to TV and it may have if people didnt complain about it.

It was a bad idea. Even they knew when they figured it out. Idk why you defend this so hard breh.

CBoz

We Are NXT!
Daps
Reppin
The NXT Universe
The pop after the Maven roll up victory

Bruh

1. Walter Hahn isnt a nazi name. Gunther Stark is.

2. Unless you speak German, you had to look up what Stark meant in German so that same energy couldnt have been used in a public company to mitigate an uproar?

3. They filed a trademark. It was absolutely intended to make it to TV and it may have if people didnt complain about it.

It was a bad idea. Even they knew when they figured it out. Idk why you defend this so hard breh.
1. I literally posted a link, click it.
2. Walter literally speaks German. Could have been his idea. If they let it go they could have explained the meaning of "Stark" in German to the audience. But we will never know.
3. Yup and they never used it, so they did get ahead of it. That means they found out about the unfortunate coincidence and made sure it didn't go farther. Gunther Stark was dropped from trademark and it just became Gunther.

It wasn't a "bad idea", just a crazy coincidence. You act like you and everyone knew Gunther Stark was some famous Nazi everyone should know like Hitler or Goebbels. I don't know why you think it was some elaborate plan to give a wrestler some obscure Nazi name done on purpose.

Beautiful Bobby Eatin

SWEEEEEEEEEETNESS!
Daps
Reppin
Terra Belle, Georgia
1. I literally posted a link, click it.
2. Walter literally speaks German. Could have been his idea. If they let it go they could have explained the meaning of "Stark" in German to the audience. But we will never know.
3. Yup and they never used it, so they did get ahead of it. That means they found out about the unfortunate coincidence and made sure it didn't go farther. Gunther Stark was dropped from trademark and it just became Gunther.

It wasn't a "bad idea", just a crazy coincidence. You act like you and everyone knew Gunther Stark was some famous Nazi everyone should know like Hitler or Goebbels. I don't know why you think it was some elaborate plan to give a wrestler some obscure Nazi name done on purpose.
Ok so youre being intentionally obtuse.

Never said it was some elaborate plan I said the name was a bad idea because it was. Never said it was intentional. I said they changed it once they found out so how could that be intentional? We're not doing hypotheticals. Usually WWE chooses the name. Except back in the day where they have you a list. This was a Vinceism. It was a bad idea no matter how you try to explain it. They knew it and you knew it. If you want to say some people overblew it thats another discussion but you defending this knowing this company has used racist and bigoted overtones in the past makes you look foolish.

On top of it all, I was responding to someone who posted about THEIR response to it. It really had nothing to do with you so once again, I dont know why youre being so defensive about this. You care WAY too much.