Historical Beefs #8: John Boyd Jr. versus the USDA -- edit: John Boyd Jr. giving TheColi props!

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether

That's been such a fukking saga. Republicans blocked it, got tied up in court for years, Biden eventually went with a work-around that at least gets some of the money out there to them.

John Boyd Jr. was strongly disappointed, but I will say it didn't seem like the administration had a lot of options after the Republican lawsuit and judicial bullshyt. You don't want this court being the one who decides the matter.

Some Black farmers who have worked for months to defend the ARPA program still hoped they would prevail against the long odds, though, and see ending the legal fights as a failure.

"I'm very, very disappointed in this legislative action," said John Boyd, Jr., a Virginia farmer and president of the National Black Farmers Association, which is a party to the litigation in Texas, in a statement.

"I'm prepared to fight for debt relief for Black, Native American and other farmers of color all the way to the Supreme Court."

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Great thread breh
@Rhakim you are truly gifted my dude. You should start a history podcast and put these threads into audio form.

Thanks brehs, that's kind. I really fukking love history and think we need to pay a lot more attention to it.

A couple years ago, I told someone via PM that I'm not possessive of this content and anyone can use it. If you want to broadcast it to a bigger audience via a different medium, be my guest, and no need to cite me. It's all public information and its not like I cited the numerous sources that provided the information to me in the first place.

Last edited: