Hispanic and Black Americans Are the Most Likely to Play Video Games

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps

No Pay Wall Link

Hispanic and Black Americans play video games more than other groups, according to an annual industry report, bucking the stereotype that White Americans are the industry’s most enthusiastic consumers.

While 72% of gamers last year were White — amounting to the biggest group because of their larger numbers — a higher share of Hispanic, Asian or Pacific Islander and Black Americans play games, the Entertainment Software Association said Monday.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Pretty obvious, anecdotal but all my friends and family (mostly black and hispanic) play games. The two white friends i still have don’t.

White dudes are just the loudest and more chronically online in gaming spaces so their voices are over represented. Same thing with female gamers, they don’t get as much acknowledgement but are higher in numbers now.

levitate

I love you, you know.
Daps
Reppin
The Multiverse
“Hispanic and Black Americans play video games more than other groups, according to an annual industry report, bucking the stereotype that White Americans are the industry’s most enthusiastic consumers.”

“Enthusiastic” isn’t a particularly apt term to use here.

A group can be overrepresented in gaming, while still not being the most “enthusiastic”. For example, the overrepresented group could spend more time engaging in casual gaming…which would hardly classify them as the most “enthusiastic”.

A bit of a nitpick but the editorial use of “enthusiastic” seems out of place.

• Dap
Reactions: NZA

The Pledge

THE PRICE OF THE BRICK GOING UP!
Daps
Top video game streamers are cacs but that might change in 10 yrs
It will much sooner than that, just need a few more to enter into those top markets like League of Legends, Counterstrike and shyt.

We had Fortnite on lock for a minute with Daequan but he has health issues.

My nephews talking about being a streamer for a living when they grow up. These Gen Z kids are definitely about to shake shyt up in streaming.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
somebody told me all they play is madden and/or 2k I wouldn't even call them a gamer

can-of-worms.gif

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
I'm saying. Like how many of these black and hispanic kids are playing madden, 2k, and then literally nothing else?

If somebody told me all they play is madden and/or 2k I wouldn't even call them a gamer :mjlol:
Sports games are the only games where we are represented. If other games did that, they might play them more as well.