Hillary Clinton Isn't Only Against Reparations, She Accepted Money From Prison Lobbyists

CHL

Superstar
Daps
Is everyone going to take a DNA test to work out how much they're owed?

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
In regards to Bernie and private prisons why hasn't he started the job in his home state? One of the worst private prisons in this country has contracts/jails in his state.

quoted for emphasis

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
There's no comparison with reparations paid years after the act's occurred, and reparations more than 100 years down the line (not really more than 100 years because the wrongs continued, but from the time that they should have came).
Is it unfair? Yes.
But not every wrong can be righted in the ideal way.
It would be far too much of a hassle logistically to find who to pay reparations to, how much to pay in reparations, and after they would be paid how do you think non-black people would react to claims of racism/systematic racism? With even more disdain and disregard than now.
Plus giving black people checks with 100,000 or however much money won't fix the actual systematic problems in the government that people fight against, and most people are financially illiterate and would waste it incredibly fast, though I don't know if you're coming at this from a tax break/loans standpoint.
And even then just like with checks, it would be divisive, and even if you don't think that's legitimate, it has the potential to legitimately harm race relations in this country more than they've been in years and not just between black/white people.
And Bernie's other policies are actually popular/feasible, reparations on the other hand would NEVER be voted for, even most black people are probably against them.
There's literally no comparison between them, no hypocrisy on Bernie's part.
lol at this again. "its to hard to find out who to pay the money too." not its not.

do you know how many people claim native? most native americans reap the benefits. and guess what sometimes people that are not of native decent also reap the benefits illegally.
thats life.

reparations isnt just about slavery. its about the continuation of white supremacy. here's the reality, i wouldnt care about reparations if the white man took his foot off my neck 100 years ago. or even 50 years ago. i would let that slide. but he didnt. he's still Effin with me til this day. so since you will never leave me alone. the best thing you can do for me his slide me a few $$$ so at least i can get my own ish poppin and not have to deal with you but so much.

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
pay the money first. dont worryabout that right no. worrying about what will happen after the fact is one reason thats used to never pay whats owed. pay up. put the money in an account. then we'll figure out or will already have figured out how the money would be doled out and to whom.

Pifferry

blegh
Daps
lol at this again. "its to hard to find out who to pay the money too." not its not.

do you know how many people claim native? most native americans reap the benefits. and guess what sometimes people that are not of native decent also reap the benefits illegally.
thats life.

reparations isnt just about slavery. its about the continuation of white supremacy. here's the reality, i wouldnt care about reparations if the white man took his foot off my neck 100 years ago. or even 50 years ago. i would let that slide. but he didnt. he's still Effin with me til this day. so since you will never leave me alone. the best thing you can do for me his slide me a few $$$ so at least i can get my own ish poppin and not have to deal with you but so much.
On the bolded, that's why I said "not really more than 100 years because the wrongs continued, but from the time that they should have came".
If that's your perspective fine, but it's political suicide at this point in time and I believe that in the end it would do more harm than good, at least if they came this year or anytime soon.

CHL

Superstar
Daps
pay the money first. dont worryabout that right no. worrying about what will happen after the fact is one reason thats used to never pay whats owed. pay up. put the money in an account. then we'll figure out or will already have figured out how the money would be doled out and to whom.
Huh? How can you pay it if you don't you who to pay it too?

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%

thats life.

shyt will never happen tho. But thats cool..

this nation is going to be getting waxed soon enough :manny:

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Huh? How can you pay it if you don't you who to pay it too?
what i'm saying is this. have any other group received reparations before? YES
that tells you there is at least ONE method to outline Who would get what.

What i'm saying is, STOP allowing that piece to be where the conversation dies. collect the DOE. thats the first order of business. 2nd order is to Disperse the DOE.

First things first. COLLECT IT

Worrying about #2 is paralyzing the discussion.

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
doesnt matter. Collect the DOE. read my above post. we'll figure that out. again, Did the natives get reparations? YES. did they have a method of who was getting the money? YEP. so why is it so farfetched to believe blacks could come up with a method of their own? its not rocket science. and shoot Rocket scientists can figure out how to fly a ship into outer space now because someone else did it before them. its possible. we've seen it done. so stop worrying so much about that part. First things first. pay the doe. collect the doe. then disperse the doe.

CHL

Superstar
Daps
what i'm saying is this. have any other group received reparations before? YES
that tells you there is at least ONE method to outline
Who would get what.

What i'm saying is, STOP allowing that piece to be where the conversation dies. collect the DOE. thats the first order of business. 2nd order is to Disperse the DOE.

First things first. COLLECT IT

Worrying about #2 is paralyzing the discussion.
What was their method?

BaggerofTea

Veteran
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
I'd be terribly disappointed if Coates got ringed into a hit job for Hillary.

I believe he did it just to keep everyone's emotions balanced. The reason I say that is before his article, we didn't actually know everyone's opinion on reparations.

Honestly I believe this to be the case