Higher Learning (1995) APPRECIATION thread.

avon barksdale

i want my corners
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore Prison
giphy.gif
200_s.gif
200_s.gif
200_s.gif
tumblr_lqgu245ddr1qioajyo1_500.gif

Jblaze204

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Uptown NY
Just finished watching this for the first time. Great film.

I could see why this movie is rated low on IMDB and doesn't get talked about much. White people are bothered when they can't get an "out" or "escape" per say. Like most movies dealing with race they throw in a good white guy to offset the bad racist white guy.
In this movie they show the Skin Heads getting washed and having to resort to a sniper attack. It also shows brothers acting normal and going to school....and you know they hated the scene when the brehs roll up to the frat house :wow:

I like Omar Epps in this. Great slow burn and remains authentic

8 out of 10

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
This movie is more relevant than ever and barely anyone remembers it

Thats a damn shame. People talk about "Menace II Society" but no one talks about the film that literally exposes white supremacy in higher institutions of learning. A lot of movie buff brehs need to be called out on that :mjpls:

But this movie could have been a legendary HBO series. Go through 4 seasons of uncut footage of what goes down.

ShaDynasty

Chaos Theory Part 1 - The Album
Daps
Goofy ass movie. It's only marginally less silly than Don't Be A Menace.

Acting was trash, characters one dimensional, Fishburnes shytty accent, jewface Rapaport getting into a neo nazi gang... I dont understand the praise in this thread - it's a heavy handed, corny, let's all be nice to each other movie.