High blood pressure?

Schmoove

All Star
Daps
Anyone have it and still work out?

Anyone had it and lowered it through exercise? How long did it take?

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Anyone have it and still work out?

Anyone had it and lowered it through exercise? How long did it take?

I've always been at risk and borderline for HBP between, being overweight and family history. From March to July of this year I went from 120/76 to 108/60.

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
I had borderline high blood pressure. I exercise regularly.

I had to watch what I eat; this makes a big difference. Did a little more cardio than weight lifting. I also had to stress out less over personal issues.

Julius Skrrvin

I be winkin' through the scope
Daps
My blood pressure was 125/90 this summer (stress and some other shyt i guess) and i lowered it to 90/60 in october. 2 months.

I attribute it to moderate exercise, reducing carbohydrate intake, fish oil supps, and better sleep.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I've had borderline high blood pressure since my early 20s, and I've always been on the thin side. Stress and family history is a bytch I guess.

Anyway I take water pills to keep it down, seems to work well enough with few side effects.

Schmoove

All Star
Daps
I've had borderline high blood pressure since my early 20s, and I've always been on the thin side. Stress and family history is a bytch I guess.

Anyway I take water pills to keep it down, seems to work well enough with few side effects.

Water pills?

Regular water not good enough?

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Ok, I don't. I just looked em up tho.

Put me on game. Did you experience side effects?

Only side effect is peeing more often, which is basically the point of taking it. If your BP runs high it might be worth running it by the doc. For like $5 you can get two months worth.

One thing to be careful about is when you take them tho, it's best to take it in the morning. Taking one before bed will have you getting up every two hours to pee. :dry:

Schmoove

All Star
Daps
Only side effect is peeing more often, which is basically the point of taking it. If your BP runs high it might be worth running it by the doc. For like $5 you can get two months worth.

One thing to be careful about is when you take them tho, it's best to take it in the morning. Taking one before bed will have you getting up every two hours to pee. :dry:

Do they make you weak or tired by flushing you out? And do you workout while taking them?

Can you get them over the counter?

burnout

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
there is a lot of new meds out there that really help with the pressure

IronFist

⛩️ 18 Arhat ⛩️
Supporter
Daps
Cayenne
Butcher's Broom
Cinnamon
Glucomannan
Hawthorn Berries
Motherwort, and
European Mistletoe.

are all good for high blood pressure

reduce your starches intake. Drink at least 8-10 glasses of water daily (to help flush the body). eat more fruits and vegetables and substitute your white wheat bread for whole wheat (that is if your eating white bread)

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
and I've always been on the thin side.
Thin has noting to do with it according to some. It's just that if you're overweight it increases your chances of having it.

My homegirl has HBP and she about 5'8" and 140 lbs tops. Family history is a major factor.

In my family it's LOW blood pressure that's an issue

Carolina Slim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh by way of Crooklyn
Anybody familiar with Lysinopril?

That sounds like something my doctor gave me a few years ago when he noted that my pressure was a little high... I took it for a few days, and wound up with crazy coughing attacks. I looked up the side effects since I realized that I hadn't started coughing until I had been taking that medicine. I stopped. Docs love shoving medicine at you unnecessarily. :martin: