Here’s A Suggestion: Open Coli membership up and allow select members to collect the Ad revenue.

Daps
this forum’s potential, in reach and revenue, is being squandered by its closed status. if the gates were opened, i’m confident that the membership would increase by the thousands, drawing in an untold amount of ad revenue each month.

i recall neogaf, once one of the largest and most visited gaming forum’s around. its revenues exceeded 10 million a year at one point, money that was enjoyed only by its owner,,tyler malka. as some of you might know, the site imploded during the #metoo craze, accusations of sexual assault against tyler causing the community to fracture and eventually migrate to a new site called resetera. now, resetera is very popular, but its numbers don’t match what neogaf was banking at its peak.

here’s my suggestion:

• we gather $10,000 in contributions in order to upgrade the server
  • the first 100 members to donate $100 a piece will become the ‘Coli 100,’ a collective of members who receive a percentage of the ad revenue. let’s say the ad revenue miatches what neogaf was drawing in its prime. that means each member of the ‘Coli 100’ would receive tens of thousands a year.
  • once the server has been upgraded, open membership and let the flood of new users rush in.
:francis:

Daps
I understand the sentiments but using thecoli is a privilege, there are only few places left on the internet where you can go and actually interact with black people and talk issues be it sports, politics, gaming etc. I dont want this place turning into reddit.
i think that’s still possible with open moderation, as long as you have a moderation team of legit brehs and brehettes who aren’t with the fukk shyt.

the problem with reddit, youtube, et al. is that cacs are the ones moderating those communities.

:francis:

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
:francis: Judging by 2022 flood gates, it was like the NWO of agents and cacs running amok.

Open Registration would end up with all my adversaries from the multiverse coming in and thus starting an interstellar war of the cosmos, ala all them koalas but none of them not like me :unimpressed:

Address_Unknown

Jesus Loves you...Your Cat doesn't. {#Dogset}
Daps
Jp4Y2F.gif

I ain't donating shyt unless the ads are all Gay and Trans.
Cause I'm still surprised at how many cats tell on themselves by seeing Gay/Trans ads on here while not knowing that Adverts are catered to their cookies/browsing history
full

Flexington

All Star
Daps
How is anything going to get upgraded when the site's been abandoned to the point that Mods can't moderate properly?

Rembrandt

the artist
Daps
Reppin
Villa Diodati
We need new people in here

The majority of the last class (2022?) got banned almost immediately because they were on consistent fukk shyt.

People say this and then registration is open, and it's literally flooded with the worst of the worst. Racist cacs, straight up misogynists that made it very clear they hated women, disporia and race shyt etc. like literally a bunch got banned for tryna be on some "he-man woman's hater club" type shyt all the time.

And I'll always disagree about suddenly opening the site up during a presidential election. Anyone down for that is sus as fukk imo