Henry Cavill found his next role after 'Superman.' And he's been wanting it for years

RageKage

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Macragge
Yes!

:blessed:

8426ee34-henry-cavill-the-emperor-warhammer-40k-witcher-superman.jpg

RageKage

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Macragge
warhammer has insane lore. if they do it correctly could be phenomenal. they won't though :yeshrug: lol

I am a pretty big 40k lore fan, big collection of books, kits/models (painting)(I don't play tabletop though..lol), board and video games. You are absolutely right on both accounts.

Fans are really particular about this and they need the 'grimdark', nobody has faith a studio will represent the absolute brutality and horror that represents 40k.

I know from a previous article that Henry was reportedly clashing with writers about witcher lore and wanting to make sure it was resepented.

I put good faith in him as a fan of genre to make sure the fans get some/most of what they want. There has been some really good fan made stuff done over the years but folks want to see more of this!

Dirty Mcdrawz

Your girl loves em....
Daps
I wonder if he’ll be the emperor of mankind or some random space marine.

Adeptus Astartes

Loyal servant of the God-Brehmperor
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Imperium of Man
Called it in the other thread:myman:

@Adeptus Astartes

Cavill has enough clout to make this happen, and I trust that he would do his best to stay true to the lore. I liked your idea of a "Band of Brothers" type thing, just dropping you in on a group of Astartes reclaiming some world from Orks. That would give some good core characters and Orks are good for comic relief that the show wouod need to attract non fans.

The biggest issue will be the amount of exposition needed to spin up non fans. This was a problem with The Witcher. I watched it with my wife and she was completely lost. I had to pause often to fill in backstory. If they keep it simple, like "humans good, orks bad, chaos gods really bad" it will work. If they start adding other races, human factions, chaos factions, etc. people would drop out.

RageKage

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Macragge
Cavill has enough clout to make this happen, and I trust that he would do his best to stay true to the lore. I liked your idea of a "Band of Brothers" type thing, just dropping you in on a group of Astartes reclaiming some world from Orks. That would give some good core characters and Orks are good for comic relief that the show wouod need to attract non fans.

The biggest issue will be the amount of exposition needed to spin up non fans. This was a problem with The Witcher. I watched it with my wife and she was completely lost. I had to pause often to fill in backstory. If they keep it simple, like "humans good, orks bad, chaos gods really bad" it will work. If they start adding other races, human factions, chaos factions, etc. people would drop out.

Orks are not funny bruh, you know that. Making 'funny orks' is a sure way to f**k this effort up and I am sure he woudn't make this mistake. We don't need to dumb this down to that level