Help me out brehs. $100 OG PS4 or New PS4PRO?

Auger

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
6ix
DO NOT GET THE OG

get the slim if you can, the OG (and the PRO) sounds like a jet engine

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
DO NOT GET THE OG

The pro is loud too?

I was thinking of getting a pro for the sole purpose of having a quieter and cooler machine. Is the slim as quiet and cool as the XB1S?

I'm at the point where the XB1S might become my system of choice for that reason only, my PS4 heats my bedroom up and ridiculously loud I can't even sleep with it on.

Auger

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
6ix
The pro is loud too?

I was thinking of getting a pro for the sole purpose of having a quieter and cooler machine. Is the slim as quiet and cool as the XB1S?

I'm at the point where the XB1S might become my system of choice for that reason only, my PS4 heats my bedroom up and ridiculously loud I can't even sleep with it on.
With the PRO it's the roll of the dice, some people say theirs is quiet, others say the one they have is just as loud as an OG.

The general consensus is that the slim is always quiet, even with the most powerful games (Fortnite lobby, GoW, H:ZD)

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
With the PRO it's the roll of the dice, some people say theirs is quiet, others say the one they have is just as loud as an OG.

The general consensus is that the slim is always quiet, even with the most powerful games (Fortnite lobby, GoW, H:ZD)

You just saved me some money because I was gonna get the RDR2 PS4 Pro bundle but now I'll just get a slim around black friday which will probably be discounted by then :salute:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
DO NOT GET THE OG

I've heard this before from different sources so I'm sure it's true....in my experience though, none of my PS4's are loud at all.
So I'm not sure how common this complaint is. (I have 2 OG Ps4's and a PS4 Pro).

Auger

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
6ix
I've heard this before from different sources so I'm sure it's true....in my experience though, none of my PS4's are loud at all.
So I'm not sure how common this complaint is. (I have 2 OG Ps4's and a PS4 Pro).
You're the lucky one, Sony didn't really build the PS4 with quietness in mind. MS actually did.

The XOne uses one huge fan that cools the entire console and runs at a lower rpm. Hence why the OG one Is huge and has a power brick

Last edited:

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
Very common. Especially if there are smokers around. You can hear that shyt across a living room when it’s being pushed.

KevCo

Bond's gun spoke once....
Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side
Think ps4 still goes for like 150 trade in to game stop...id buy it off him then trade in towards a pro

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I have a friend that just upgraded and is willing to sell me his console, controller and uncharted 4 for 100.
Or should I just pay full price for a pro? I have a 2016 4K Tv if that makes a difference. Is the difference worth the 300+ price difference ???
At this point I wouldn't buy a Pro. They'll likely be talking PS5 next year.

TBdaGhost

Bay Bay
Daps
My pro gets kind of loud sometimes, but I never notice it while gaming.

Unless you're gaming with tv speakers it shouldn't be an issue :yeshrug:. And even then I can't see it being a deal breaker.