Help Me Find That Video of When 50 Cent Was Nas' Hypeman

JayBaldacci

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
it was the i am/nastradamus tour. one of his early videos shows him at a nas and nature concert.

labelplant

Wilt Chamberlain
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
the songs they had before GRODT came out are classic. What was their beef over? 50 just wanted to start shyt for no reason?

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
the songs they had before GRODT came out are classic. What was their beef over? 50 just wanted to start shyt for no reason?

It was a little deeper than that. 50 was tight that Nas had him doing dirt on his behalf in the beef with Mega (50 got Mega's girlfriends number for Nas to try to smash her in a "Takeover esque" move) but wouldn't call him and let him know that irv was replacing his verse on Jennifer Lopez's song with a Nas verse. This was during the time when 50 was being blackballed by murder inc.

Nas stated in an allhiphop.com interview years ago that it was all a misunderstanding, but that he was a grown ass man and didn't have to answer to 50 for anything nor explain his moves. We all know Nas is a night and day type dude so I'm sure 50 took that personally.

The one thing with all of this is that 50 himself has stated that Nas was the first person to do something for him without asking for anything in return. Nas took 50 on the road with him and let him open up for him on the Nastradamus tour, so there's a lot of history between those two. 50 blew up, got big headed and thought he could seriously damage Nas's career without realizing that Nas is a true living legend, a weak diss like piggy bank isn't going to end someone of Nas's stature. Now 50 is struggling (musically speaking) and talking about how he'd like to work Nas while Nas is riding a buzz off of his TENTH album:stylin:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I remember this video. I remember it popped up around the time "Window Shopper" came out. Nas was talking about "50 said I'm a window shopper but I showed him his first real chain"....or something like that....then it cut to the old video footage of 50 looking happy as hell dancing next to Nas.

I'm sure 50 stans will claim this never happened but you gotta remember 50 tried to get on for a while before Em found him. He was geeked to be next to a rapper that's "on", just like anybody trying to get on would be.

Fred.

JayBaldacci

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It was a little deeper than that. 50 was tight that Nas had him doing dirt on his behalf in the beef with Mega (50 got Mega's girlfriends number for Nas to try to smash her in a "Takeover esque" move) but wouldn't call him and let him know that irv was replacing his verse on Jennifer Lopez's song with a Nas verse. This was during the time when 50 was being blackballed by murder inc.

Nas stated in an allhiphop.com interview years ago that it was all a misunderstanding, but that he was a grown ass man and didn't have to answer to 50 for anything nor explain his moves. We all know Nas is a night and day type dude so I'm sure 50 took that personally.

The one thing with all of this is that 50 himself has stated that Nas was the first person to do something for him without asking for anything in return. Nas took 50 on the road with him and let him open up for him on the Nastradamus tour, so there's a lot of history between those two. 50 blew up, got big headed and thought he could seriously damage Nas's career without realizing that Nas is a true living legend, a weak diss like piggy bank isn't going to end someone of Nas's stature. Now 50 is struggling (musically speaking) and talking about how he'd like to work Nas while Nas is riding a buzz off of his TENTH album:stylin:

:usure:

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

:ehh:

pos rep

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga

Kliq_Souf

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
WOL
i posted the video on the old forum a few years ago, but im too high right now to look for it
:ahh:

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If nas can work with jigga then he mos def can work with 50. Some of the fans take this rap shyt to serious.