Help Keep The Coli Abreast of Tips/Info for 4k Consoles & Gaming Monitors 2017

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
4K Consoles, Gaming Monitors, and Maximizing Their Marriage

Much like myself, I know alot of brehs are purchasing PS4 Pros and Xbox One Ses moving into 2017. Clearly, to unlock the full capabilities of these consoles, one needs a 4k television.

I'd love if those educated coli posters who are well versed in input lag/refresh rates and the like to offer their two cents so their fellow Coli brehs don't lose out on thousands by buying incompatible or inferior monitors/tvs. Now, I know it's been discussed in previous threads but not in context of newer console models, so I'd consider this a refresher thread.

Scenario 1:

I've purchased a PS4 Pro and an Xbox One S. I'm going to replace the current Xbox One w/ the X1S as the living room entertainment center for family.

I want to use my Xbox One and my Ps4 Pro for competitive FPS & fighting game use. I don't plan to purchase a 4K television until March 2017. I DO want to purchase a gaming PC monitor w/ low input lag.

I understand that gaming monitors target PC gamers w/ respect to "144hz" as the gold standard refresh rate for competitive gaming. W/ respect to the PS4 Pro, X1S, and/or X1/PS4 originals, do any consoles moving into 2017 actually take advantage of refresh rate over 60hz or should low input lag be the only concern as long as the monitor is at 60hz?

Thoughts?

I'd like this to be Console War Neutral - People out here need answers w/o the bullshyt to avoid being beat in the head. Thanks in advance.
I'm pretty sure consoles don't need anything over 60Hz

HookersandIceCream

#TeamOrange
Daps
Reppin
Wherever whores go.....
Bro, I've always been a bit intimidated to by a home theater system.

I do want one for my main entertainment area.

What's a good entry level system.

You can do the traditional AV receiver + wired speakers
Soundbar if you want to keep it simple
Sonos/Bose for multiroom wireless

Do not go cheap on sound. Not that you cannot get great sound for a few hundred.

I'll expand on the brands and what not if you have more specific questions.

Last edited:

1970s HeRon Flow

Takin Penitentiary Chances
Daps
Reppin
Down Slauson Ave
I think I may go with this based on the help so far. - as of Nov '16.

BenQ 24-inch Gaming monitor - 1080P - 1ms Response time - 60 hz refresh rate

60 hz and console gaming ready. $200, also.
I'd go with the 27 inch model, Im using the 24in and been thinking about getting a 27in, Playing R6 and you cant see shyt with anything but an Acog long distance, BUT with the scorpio comming out I wanna be future proof and get a 4k, just dont know what refresh rate its gonna be capped at so imma wait to upgrade

Deezay

All Star
Daps
Reppin
These Kids
Looking for a nice affordable monitor for my 5 and X.
I just don't like gaming on Televisions nowadays.

School an OG